Thursday, August 8, 2024

Anniversary

 It is kind of funny what can give you inspiration for a card, I was going through some junk journal video's and this one mentioned that she used wallpaper in her journal and I said oh yeah I have some of that Tim Holtz vintage wall paper and flower images. My sisters anniversary was coming up and I thought it would be pretty to use those for her card and that is where this started.  I needed something to break up the flower image and the wallpaper and I usually reach for a die cut but thought that would hide most of the paper so I went with vellum to put underneath it.


  • Tim Holtz - Worn Wallpaper Scraps (paper and flowers)
  • Tim Holtz - Sentiment words thin dies
  • Starform - Trasnparent Glitter gold dots

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

11 comments:

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

What a clever use of wallpaper! This turned out SO pretty and I think vellum was a perfect way to break it up. Blessings to you and for your sisters anniversary. xoxo

Chrissy said...

Beautiful papers and flowers Connie, I love the colours too, such a gorgeous card..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Donna Phelan said...

That wallpaper is so pretty and I love it paired with your sweet posies! And Vellum always gets 2 thumbs up from me. Beautiful!

Em Louise Fairley said...

Beautiful xoxo

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very unique. I love how you used wallpaper. The yellow is so fresh.

Birgit said...

This is lovely, Connie! The vellum was the perfect choice to give those flowers center stage yet allow the pretty background paper to make its guest appearance. What a beautiful card to celebrate and anniversary.

April Williams said...

This is so pretty! I love the vellum overlay.

Debbie said...

beautiful!! pretty colors and a great way to use vellum!! that is a gorgeous bouquet of flowers, great for an anniversary card!!

Louca por porcelana said...

Adorable card. So delicate.

Darlene said...

LOVE this card ... how beautiful!

Carol L said...

This is elegant and simply a stunning anniversary card. I love the wallpaper and vellum combo that really sets this one apart from the rest. Well done!