Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Daisy

 I have been seeing a lot of stamping on text paper on Pinterest lately, and so I had to give it a try.  My hubby was getting rid of some books and I noticed the paper inside this one was nice and thick so I told him I wanted it, well I think the reason it is nice and thick is it has a bit of shine on the surface which made stamping on it not so good, I had to wait a whole day for it to dry and then when I went to color it in with my colored pencils it just bled a bit, so I am going to have to try this next time on a different book page. Hubby thought it still looked good so I sent it.


  • Stampendous - Daisy Thanks stamp, colored w/color pencils
  • Memory box - Stitched Rectangle die
  • Spellbinders - A2 matting basics A die
  • Hot off the press - 130 tiny words and phrases sticker 
  • EK Success hold punch for dots


We are having a cool spell, temperatures will only get in the 80's today and we actually started out today in the high 60's, so nice to have the doors open and get some relief from all the heat.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today and say Hi,

Connie

8 comments:

Chrissy said...

Fabulous Connie, I love to stamp on book pages, you may need to change your ink so it dries on that surface faster, like StazOn or Archival inks, love the effect and colours..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Carol L said...

This did indeed turn out just lovely with the flowers stamped over the text. It's a great look along with a fun way to repurpose an old book page.

Donna Phelan said...

It's sweet and I love the text beneath. Keep the book. After stamping go over in a clear embossing powder and heat set, you should be all set!

Em Louise Fairley said...

It's beautiful, Connie. I use archival ink to stamp on parchment. Still takes a while to dry, but not as long as dye based ink xoxo

Lisa said...

I love this image from stampendous. It is one of the first flowers I bought when I started buying stamps that were not from SU. Gorgeous card with this image. I love it over the text.

Louca por porcelana said...

What pretty card. Blessings.

Debbie said...

such a great way to use up paper from the books. the finished card is lovely!!

Darlene said...

OH WOW this is so cool! Awesome job on this technique! Love it!