Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Sparkle and shine

 Simon Says Stamps Monday challenge is sparkle and shine.  Now I have had this bold and colorful book plate I think you call it on my desk for quite some time, if I remember correctly it came in a kit a long time ago.  Since I am mostly one that uses warm colors this did not reach out to me to get used all this time.  I was thinking I could find a place for it in my junk journal but still hadn't used it but this challenge came up and my great nieces birthday and I though you know she might like a card with a lot of color and shine!

The sparkle is from stickles and the shine from nuvo glaze that I applied to the dots that came out of the double sided paper I used to cut the background to the cupcake.


  • Carta Bella - Alphabet Junction papers
  • Gina K - Sentiment stamp
  • Crafter's companion advent calendar stamps and dies, colored w/markers (cupcake & candle)
  • Spellbinders - Eyelet Circles die
  • Stickles - Eucalyptus on cupcake, Scattered Straw on candle flame
  • Nuvo Crystal Glaze on dots from circle die cut
  • Brads


Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

8 comments:

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

What a "sweet" card! (see what I did there? Lol 😉) Always love to see what you'll be creative with next. xo

Carol L said...

Well I'm sure your great niece is going to love this colorful, fun birthday card! The cupcake looks yummy and I love the striped paper on the sentiment panel. Way to use your colors and sparkle!

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Connie and I love sparkle on the cupcake..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Donna Phelan said...

Great bold colors, especially on the frame, I think that is fabulous! Lots of sparkle and shine and frosting--YUM!

Em Louise Fairley said...

Such a sweet card, Connie xoxo

Lisa said...

Terrific use of that bold plate. Your niece will love this beautiful card.

Beth Stamps said...

So cute. As I get older sparkle is what I'm attracted to. It's always such a surprise for the recipient. I have a junk journal on the
Go too.

Esther Asbury said...

What a bright n cheery card -- -not to mention yummy! I love it!