Friday, August 2, 2024

Christmas

 I managed to get my cards done in July for Christmas I just didn't get pictures or get them posted.

In my stamp group the challenge was to use any type of water coloring.  I chose to use my Distress inks to make smooshed background for the reds, shimmer powders for the greens and then cut things from those backgrounds. I also used a bit of sparkle pen to give some depth to the holly branch card a little later.


  • Poppystamps - Blooming Poinsettia dies from smooshed backgrounds using distress inks in red and shimmer powders in green
  • Spellbinders - Holly & Poinsettia die from gold cardstock
  • Graphic 45 - Christmas past paper
  • Paper Studio - Christmas sticker sentiment

  • Poppystamps -Blooming Poinsettia dies from smooshed backgrounds using distress inks in red and shimmer powders in green
  • Recollections - Christmas Noel die
  • Spellbinders - Holiday sentiments and back to basics tag dies
  • Queen & co. - Yellow Sunshine pearl
This is a picture of my background as I am getting ready to cut out the flower dies.


The holly branch was also cut from my smooshed backgrounds. I used some sparkle markers to give a little more shading and depth to it, and a little sparkle :)



  • Cottage Cutz - Holly Branch w/bow die, using smooshed and shimmer powder backgrounds
  • Distress inks - Candied Apple, Fired Brick and lumberjack plaid for reds
  • Crafters Companion - Holly Berries border die
  • Stickles -xmas red
  • Paper studio - Christmas sticker book (sentiment)
This last one was just by chance, after doing my green smooshed background I still had some green left on my pad so I decided to dip my black water color paper in it just to see what would happen.  I left them all to dry and came back later and thought it almost looked like a night sky with Northern lights. That is what made me make this last card, hubby suggested I add the snowman. I added a little white gel pen to his hat so it would stand out from the dark background.



  • Nuvo Shimmer powders - Falling leaves and Green Parade for background and trees
  • Frantic Stamper - Oregon Fir and small Oregon fir dies
  • Pink and Main - Sentiment strip die
  • Simon Says stamps - tiny words Christmas sentiment
  • Floracraft - Diamond Dust (for snow)
  • Taylored Expressions - Snowman die
Next my cardmaking group challenge was to use large sentiments on your card, since I was running out of time I went to my ephemera packs and found these two to try.


  • Simple Stories - Simple vintage dear Santa bits & pieces ephemera
  • Stamperia - Classic Christmas paper
  • Impression Obsession - Rectangle 6 in 1 frames die
This last one I am hoping one of you will come up with an idea for me, I think I was getting tired by this point and I cut the frames from Vellum, then not thinking I added my dotted tape runner to the back and put it on, I should have right then tried to pull it off but I thought well maybe it will disappear (what?????)  Then I started gluing things on with liquid glue and foam tape and , nope not going away.  What would you do to fix it, I just don't want to throw it away.


  • Simple Stories - Simple vintage dear Santa bits & pieces ephemera
    • Stamperia - Classic Christmas paper
    • Impression Obsession - Rectangle 6 in 1 frames die
    • Vellum
    Thanks in advance for any ideas you can come up with to help with that last card :)
    Have a great weekend and thanks so much for taking the time to stop by,

    Connie

    10 comments:

    Chrissy said...

    Beautiful Christmas cards Connie, I love the smooshed backgrounds and gorgeous card designs..you managed a fabulous red and so good to see this technique again, I sometimes forget to do this when I have not got quite the right colour papers..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    Esther Asbury said...

    What a great line up of holiday cards! They're all so beautiful!

    Donna Phelan said...

    Wow! So many pretty Christmas cards created! I know I'll be kicking myself in a couple of months not making any after seeing your beautiful Posts lol That smooshing technique is just so fun to do and they always come out so different. Love your pretty poinsettias and those majestic trees! Festive!

    Lisa said...

    Wowza lots of great Christmas cards. I love that background for your die cut poinsettias. I love layering flowers and the poinsettias are really great for some terrific Christmas cards.

    Beth Stamps said...

    Gosh you are so ahead of me by doing Christmas challenges. I haven't even started. All of your designs are so elegant. The red smoothing looks nice on the poinsettia.

    wannabcre8tive said...

    I am loving all the cards. You chose lovely papers for them. You are very smart to get them done now and not have to rush to get them ready to mail in December.

    aussie aNNie said...

    So pretty, lovely Christmas cards, background and a gorgeous designs x

    Em Louise Fairley said...

    They are all so pretty, Connie xoxo

    JD/ Jill said...

    All these Christmas cards are so beautifully done. I need to make ONE Christmas card for a challenge right now, and I am struggling to make one card!

    Louca por porcelana said...

    Gorgeous cards!