Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Glue and Ink

 My stamp group is having a week of challenges and today I am sharing the challenge I came up with for everyone to try.  I found this technique on Pinterest and had never heard of it. You ink your background, add some tacky glue in spots across the card, leaving it thicker in spots. Let it dry, then ink over top in another color.  I inked my background to look like a sunset on the water and after the glue dried went over it with a dark blue to make it darker.  I stamped the images and then realized they looked way to bright for such a dark evening scene so I after coloring them I inked over with old paper ink to give them a darker feel.

You can see the link HERE to the written tutorial of this technique.


  • Distress inks - Dried Marigold, fossilized amber, Tumbled glass and Mermaid lagoon, with Faded Jeans over top
  • Aleene's Tacky glue
  • Cardmaking and Papercraft - Day at the seaside stamps, colored w/markers and inked over top with Old paper distress ink
  • Gina K- Framescape, winter trees stamp set - for birds


Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

9 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

What an awesome seascape you've created with your fun sounding technique! Love the glow of the sun!

Donna Phelan said...

Oh that's cool! Never heard of this technique either. Love your results....anything beach related is awesome in my book!

Azka Kamil said...

Hiii
awesome your post

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, that is a cool idea for a technique! I always want to try techniques, but mostly I just write them down, ha! Sometimes I do get back to them, though. I love your card! You aced it!

Em Louise Fairley said...

Sounds like a fun twist on the emboss resist technique, and the card is beautiful! xoxo

Lowcarb team member said...

This is one of my favourites.
I have always been a fan of seascapes and lighthouses ... brilliant!

All the best Jan

Debbie said...

so pretty...you are a great challenge guide!!

aussie aNNie said...

BEAUTIFUL..XX

Lisa said...

I love light houses. They remind me of my grandmother. She was buried by a light house and now every time I see one I think of her. Wonderful card.