Monday, August 28, 2023

Bells

 I tried to combine the two challenges in each of my groups, one being use a bell and the other watercolor backgrounds.

My first card I used those shimmer powders that you add water too for my first background.  I didn't like the touches of white I had showing through so I kind of went over the whole background with a  paint brush to kind of fill in the spots. I colored the stamp image with markers and then also die cut it with the joy die so it would fit in the center of the die.


  • Penny Black - Jolly follies stamp set, colored w/markers and Immense Joy die cut from gold cardstock
  • Background - Nuvo Shimmer powder - Green Parade



 


The next one isn't really watercolor but shimmer mist, I haven't used these in years I think and it actually wasn't clogged. The sticker wreath was one my Sister in law gave to me last year and I am finally getting around to using it, can you see the bell?


  • K&co. - Holly Berries & Wreath sticker set
  • Background sprayed with Tattered Angles Glimmer mist - Gold
  • Spellbinders - Labels 18 die
  • Gartner Studio - sentiment epoxy sticker
  • Offray Ribbon

My last was a very quick and simple one, I used another glimmer background to go with this gold foil sticker, I felt it said it all. I made a little boo boo on the corner when going around the card with a gold paint pen, so I used a corner punch to take most of it off.


  • Paper Studio - Christmas bell foiled sticker
  • Background Tattered Angles Glimmer Mist Gold
  • Gold Metallic pen around the edges 
  • Corner punch


I would like to share my card with Peace on Earth Christmas Challenge blog 

Well there is 3, for this month, hubby took me to a scrapbook store over in Missouri this weekend and I bought another paper pad I couldn't resist so I think my other two will be done with that pad :)

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today and I hope you have a great week ahead,

Connie

11 comments:

Debbie said...

these are great connie, you must be well on your way to having enough cards for christmas!! i love the one you consider "quick and simple" and the "boo-boo" looks great, i like the corners cut out!!

i'm sure that was a nice trip with the husband, it's always fun to go on a little trip, somewhere you love!!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Love them all Connie! But my favorite is the sweet mouse ringing the bells. It just makes me smile. I love the shine and shimmer to each of them though too. What a fun theme ;)

Donna Phelan said...

Wow! These are all so beautiful! LOVE the large words, especially the JOY. That sweet mouse and bell image is the cutest! That label die looks spectacular and yes, I can see the bell too lol And finally your beautiful Peace Bell, exquisite! Love the shimmer and shine and your creative backgrounds. Oh how I am going to kick myself in the next month or so when I realize I haven't started my Christmas cards, heck I haven't even picked designs for the paper crafted ones or my beach photo Fa La La La La

Em Louise Fairley said...

They are all beautiful, Connie xoxo

Lowcarb team member said...

They all look good, my favourite one is the first one with the mouse, so cute :)

All the best Jan

Diane said...

A beautiful variety of cards, love the cute mouse int he JOY card, so creative and fun, a nice start to your holiday cards!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
Diane POE Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

Leslie Miller said...

These are all wonderful with the bells, Connie! I'm especially fond of the little cutie with bells in the first card. I like the look of the notched corners on your third card. I will make a note because I still have and use my SU ticket corner punch. The bell sticker is gorgeous. A trip to the scrapbook store sounds like so much fun! I would probably come home with a carload!

Esther Asbury said...

Wow! Those are some awesome bell cards! That little mouse is adorable and the other two cards are so elegant looking. I especially love that last one with the foiled bell sticker!

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous cards, I love that little mouse swinging from the bells, he looks so happy, lovely wreath from you SIL and pretty card, and love the shiny bell, very elegant card..

luv CHRISSYxx

Louca por porcelana said...

Gorgeous cards. Hugs.

Lisa said...

Wonderful selection of Christmas cards. That little mouse on the Joy card is so adorable and works perfect in the large O in the die cut. I have not used my shimmer mists in a very long time. I really need to pull them out as I love them on cards. Oh so many items I don't use often enough.