Friday, August 18, 2023

Zoom card

 I waited to long once again to post the card we did in our zoom challenge, thank goodness we can save youtube videos of techniques or I would forget how we did them.

I believe what we did for the background of our stamped image is we took our ink pads and using just the edge swiped color across the front of the card.  The we took normal school glue, and dipped an old gift card into the glue and stamped it onto the background and added our embossing powder and heated it up to leave the embossed strips. I happened to have the gel kind of school glue and it bubbled a bit more than I think the normal white glue would have but didn't want to buy a whole new bottle just for this technique.

I water colored the rose image using Distress Inks and my water brush. I used the same colors for the background swipes and coloring of the rose. I heat embossed the rose with embossing powder before watercoloring.


  • Hot off the press - Watercolor Rose stamp, Embossed with Altenew Antique Gold embossing powder and watercolored with distress inks
  • Distress inks - Abandoned Coral, Spun sugar and Peeled Paint
  • Quickutz - Vines embossing folder
  • Cardmaking magic - Birthday verses stamp set



Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

9 comments:

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Such a cool technique Connie! And such a cool artsy card with such a beautiful flower. Happy weekend ahead to you. ;) 💗

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous! the colours and detail of your design is striking! ♥

Lisa said...

Great swiping of the edge of your ink pad for this terrific background. Oh my goodness that flower is incredible. Really stunning card.

Donna Phelan said...

Fab fun fold! This is one of my most favorite color combos! That Blossom is big, bold and beautiful! Your background is fantastic too, looks like a stamp you could buy! Very cool!

Louca por porcelana said...

Beautiful card dear friend!

Chrissy said...

What a beautiful embossed and coloured Rose Connie, such a beautiful colour and love the card design, really lovely.

luv CHRISSYxx

Em Louise Fairley said...

So pretty, Connie xoxo

Esther Asbury said...

What a gorgeous card! I love both the fun fold and that awesome background you created!

Leslie Miller said...

I LOVE the background! What a great technique and one that would be fun to try, so I'll make a note. Sometimes I actually try the things I note, but then the backgrounds sit in a bag so long I forget what I did. Gorgeous rose with the antique gold embossing and your watercolor. Your ink colors all go so beautifully together.