Friday, August 4, 2023

Ornaments

 As we were starting August I happened to think I didn't make any Christmas cards for July.  I did the Junk Journal July where we do a journal page using their prompts every day for the month, then I had to make my usual birthday cards too and then the last week of July was all doing challenges for our group.  

So here I am making July cards in August so hopefully I will take a little break and do August Christmas cards by the end of the month:)

The challenge in my card making group was to make Ornaments.  I made two of this Nativity scene, knowing they would go pretty quickly. This first one I did a little inking around the edges.


  • Die Versions - Starry Nativity ornament die
  • Starform - Silver Merry Christmas sentiment sticker

With this one I used some sparkle purple cardstock for the Starry part and used the purple innie from the first ornament inside this one.  I think it is best to use this ornament with solid background as you can see the print of the paper through the ornament.

  • Die Versions - Starry Nativity ornament die
  • Graphics 45 - Christmas Emporium paper


  • This last ornament card I colored with markers except for the ornaments which I used some metallic pens I have and they didn't work out as well as I had hoped as you can see in the close up.


    • Frantic Stamper - Ornamental swag die
    • Spellbinders - Holly & Poinsettia die
    • Graphic 45 - Christmas Emporium paper

    Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

    Connie

    13 comments:

    April Williams said...

    All of your cards are so pretty! I especially like the ornament card with the music patterned paper.

    Karen Letchworth said...

    I really love the silhouette manger image. I've been so drawn to silhouettes lately. Very pretty, my creative friend. have a blessed week.
    Karen

    carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

    Such sweet Christmas cards! And I love that you used ornaments as a subject. I especially love the nativity ones. Beautiful! 🌟

    Donna Phelan said...

    The baubles in an array of colors are so pretty. I absolutely adore that silhouette on the other two, so beautiful! Merry Merry!

    Lisa said...

    Great nativity scene on the first 2 cards. I love the use of the little ornaments on the 2nd card. I have some little ornament die cuts and need to pull them out for a card or two.

    Debbie said...

    these are awesome connie!! i favor the purple ones, no surprise there!!

    Lowcarb team member said...

    Lovely cards, my favourite is the first one.

    I hope you have a happy weekend.

    All the best Jan

    Leslie Miller said...

    You had a busy stamping month in July, but I know you'll catch up. Today's ornament themed cards are pretty! The Nativity ornament is especially nice, but I also love the ornament branch. I don't see anything wrong with your metallic pen coloring. It looks good to me. Good luck with your Christmas cards, Connie!

    Hena Tayeb said...

    Beautiful.

    Em Louise Fairley said...

    They are all so pretty, Connie xoxo

    Esther Asbury said...

    What lovely ornament cards! I especially like that purples ones. It's always fun to use non-traditional colors.

    Darlene said...

    OH WOW ... such beautiful holiday creations!

    Louca por porcelana said...

    Adorable cards!