Sunday, August 20, 2023

Blooms

 I love the look of white and kraft and when I saw this paper I thought I should go with some all white with it and see if I like it as much as with just plain kraft cardstock, and I did :)  I used a corner die but used it for across the top of my card.  I had to add another flower to the base to balance it out of course :)


  • Poppystamps - Clara Corner and Eyelet stitches dies
  • Memory Box - Fabulous phlox die
  • Spellbinders - Sentiments one die
  • Graphic45 Botanical tea paper
You can see the embossed detail in the dies better in the close up I think.


I would like to share my card today with the following challenges:

Beautiful blossoms Challenge anything goes with a mood board
Word Art Wednesday anything goes

We have a week with 100 degree temps, so I think outside chores will be left alone this week.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today, 

Connie

16 comments:

Chrissy said...

So beautiful Connie and I love your design and die cuts, gorgeous card..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Connie said...

What a lovely birthday card, I love the white on white texture :)

Em Louise Fairley said...

So pretty, Connie. I love kraft card, too and use it to back the majority of my parchment creations xoxo

April said...

I love this! So elegant and beautiful. I like how you used your corner punch.

Esther Asbury said...

I love how you used your corner die cut in a different way! So pretty!

R's Rue said...

So beautiful.

Leslie Miller said...

What a beautiful die and I love how creatively you used it! The polka dots look great and so does the lower edge border. It all goes together perfectly!

Donna Phelan said...

Very pretty paper! Love that fab corder die and how you used it! Loving the border die and additional flower at the bottom. So pretty!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I love the contrast of this one. The white really "pops". Always love to see what you'll create next! ;0)

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Clever idea for corner Connie. Thanks for sharing just brilliant. Shaz in Oz.x 🙏

Debbie said...

we have cooled off some, the next few days are going to be nice and it feels a little fall like!!

i really like this card, the way you laid it out and the perfect balance it has. white was a great choice for this background paper!!

Graça Gamito said...

This card is one of the most beautiful you have made. I really liked it!

Lisa said...

That is truly a gorgeous die cut. The bold white on the neutral DP colors works perfect.

Lisa said...

That is a super gorgeous die cut. I love the bold white on the neutral DP too. Really lets the die cut and embossing stand out.

Donna Walls said...

I also like Kraft and White together and you've created a lovely card here. Thanks for playing along at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge, we appreciate the support.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Aimeslee Winans said...

Great use of the dies!
Thanks for linking this up at Beautiful Blossoms Challenge! xxo, Aimeslee DT