Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Summer Fun

 I was going for a clean and simple card for my great nephews teen birthday card, using some of my coloring pages for the Simply Clean & Simple Challenge which has an optional outdoor theme. I colored the image with pencils and fussy cut.


I was just going to have it on my background piece but it felt like it needed to be grounded.

  • Color for Calm calendar image - colored w/pencils and fussy cut
  • Basic Grey - Picadilly paper
  • Tim Holtz - Small talk sentiment

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

12 comments:

Donna Phelan said...

That's a fun image, I can hear the waves crash from here (literally, my windows are open lol) Classic CAS creation!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

This card is so adorable Connie! I love old vans/campers like that - but the surf boards on top just make it! So cute!!

Lowcarb team member said...

Great card and I like the colours.

All the best Jan

Em Louise Fairley said...

Great card for the teen, Connie xoxo

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, I love the bus! It reminds my of my youth. Ours was never painted quite like that, but the spirit was there. The birds flying by really enhance the beach vibe. Really cute for a teen boy!

Debbie said...

oooooh i love this connie. this so reminds me of summer at the jersey shore!! as teens, we always looked for cars with surf boads on top, because they always had cute surfers in them!!

this is a GREAT card for your great nephew!!

April Williams said...

This is a great card for your nephew! Love it!

Lisa said...

What a fabulous fun image and super card. The layout is perfect to really just let the image take center stage on the card.

Louca por porcelana said...

So cute!

Esther Asbury said...

Absolutely perfect! I love the vintage van!

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Beautifully done Thanks for sharing over at Simply Clean and Simple this month, hope to see you in future challenges.
Elaine DT

KraftiKards (my blog)
613 Avenue Create DT
AAA Birthday DT
Peace on Earth Christmas DT
Simply Clean and Simple DT
Love to Scrap DT
Love to Craft DT
Mix it up DT
Merry Little Christmas DT

wannabcre8tive said...

What a fun card. Love this cute “beach buggy”. I think your nephew will love it.