Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Joyful birds

 In my stamp group our challenge for last month that I never got to doing was birds.  These birds took a lot more time than the ornaments, and I see that I missed some spots coloring now that I see it on my computer screen, eyes just aren't what they use to be. There are three different birds in this die set and branches, hats and garlands, a few things to play with. I colored the little berries from the branch die and added to this playful scene. This first card was colored using inks with blending brushes and foam.


  • Sizzix - Robins in Hats die, colored with inks with blending brushes
  • Honey Bee - Holiday cheer paper
  • Poppystamps - Eyelet stitches die
  • Die-Versions - Joyeux Noel die

The second card I colored using markers. I added the long die cut branch to go with the smaller ones in the set to make it bigger for the bird to perch on, they worked ok together.


  • Sizzix - Robins in hats dies, colored w/markers
  • Memory Box - Woodland Branch die
  • Poppystamps - Stitched Landscape die
  • Honey bee - Holiday cheer paper

I am adding this to the Peace on Earth Christmas challenge 

That's it I have my cards finished for July, hopefully I will get to August before the month is over :)

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

15 comments:

Birgit said...

Oh Connie, these are just as cute as can be! What adorable, playful little birds. I think your coloring looks great on them!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I love this set!! Beyond adorable. What sweet Christmas cards these make. ;)

Chrissy said...

So very cute Connie, that little bird up the tree made me giggle, fabulous colouring and colours, love them..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Diane said...

Adorably cute cute birdie cards, fabulous designs!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
Diane POE Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

Daniela said...

Connie Dear,
I so love them both, your little birds are the cutest I've ever seen!
Have a blessed day, sweet friend of mine
X Daniela @ ~ My little old world ~ (Dany)

Donna Phelan said...

Oh they are FUN! Love the little Santa hats and crown and those sweet boots lol Super fun, super cute, super festive!

Esther Asbury said...

I love bird cards and both of these are so adorable! Love the little hats!

Beth Stamps said...

These birds are truly adorable and you showcased them to the tee. I am drawn in to these cards for the blending of colour, and scenes. Well done!

Em Louise Fairley said...

They are so cute! xoxo

Leslie Miller said...

Oh! Those birds are making me smile! What cute Christmas cards!

Darlene said...

OMG how cute are both of these cards! Will certainly bring an instant holiday smile!

Louca por porcelana said...

Awwww...Awesome!

Lisa said...

These birds are fabulous! I know what you mean about the effort to cut all these pieces and put these together. Pulled out a die set last weekend and spent 3 hours cutting and gluing for just a few pieces. It was fun but a lot of work. These turned out great.

The Happy Whisk said...

Those little Christmas hats are too cute!

Susan said...

Adorable birds! Just looking at your cards makes me feel happy as there is such a fun joyous feeling to them. Thanks so much for joining us at Peace on Earth!