Thursday, August 24, 2023

Shadow box card

 I think this is the quickest I have posted a card I made with our group in zoom. Lately I have had cards I had made for challenges that needed to be posted before.  We had our time together on Monday, it was a pretty quick card to put together and April added a fun technique with this card fold.  W

We took our cube inks that are around 1 1/4 inches I am guessing and slightly applied them to a sheet of paper going on a diagonal, I think I used 3 inks on this one, pinks and greens from Gina K.  You use one ink at a diagonal and then add the 2nd color the other diagonal and the go over very lightly with the 3rd color which was my green.  I cut out flowers with mine and for the centers I just punched some circles out and added extra ink to them.


  • 49 and Market - Vintage Artistry colors Natural paper
  • Memory Box - Stitched Circle layers die 
  • Spellbinders - Textured Flowers die
  • Gina Marie - Birthday words sentiment stamp
  • Sequins

We put the sentiment on back, I will write more when I send it out.


It would be too hard for me to explain how this goes together so hopefully you can google Shadow box card and find a video on it.  The tab on either side gets glued together and when flattened it fits into an A2 envelope.  We cut the cardstock at 11x4.25 and scored at 1/2", 1", 4 1/2", 5", 5 1/2", 6", 6 1/2", 10", 10 1/2 ".  

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

12 comments:

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Such a cool concept 😎 And such a pretty card too! Love the colors and the flowers. ;)

Leslie Miller said...

Oooh, this technique looks like fun, and what interesting and cool results! I love it all, including the shadow box!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

A pretty card, Connie, and a nice keepsake, too! Very clever construction, too! x K

April Williams said...

This is so pretty! I love how the flowers turned out. It was a fun night.

Donna Phelan said...

Love this type of fun fold, that it has so much dimension yet it folds flat for mailing, super cool! Pretty flowers, love the plaid looking design! Well done!

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous window card Connie, love the colours and flowers and such a lovely design..

Luv CHRISSYxx

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous card, stunning as always, and I just love this x♥ x

Lisa said...

I love this fold. It really adds to the fun of a card. Terrific layering and flowers too.

Esther Asbury said...

I love your pretty fun fold card with those lovely plaid flowers.

Debbie said...

what a gorgeous card, and a special one at that!! these are great colors to put together!! i especially like how you did the flowers!!

Lowcarb team member said...

Such a nice card.

All the best Jan

Em Louise Fairley said...

So pretty, Connie xoxo