Sunday, December 3, 2023

Backyard Wren

 I know I have told myself many times I do NOT need anymore bird dies, but here I go again. He is a little bigger than my other birds.  I love them in wreaths so I had to add that but this time I cut some thing strips of paper and crinkled them up a bit to make a little nest for him to sit in.  I colored him by inking with my blender brushes.


  • Memory Box - Backyard Wren die, colored with inks and blending brush
  • Spellbinders - Wreath die
  • Tim Holtz - Funky Floral #3
  • Martha Stewart - tag punch
  • ODBD - Mini tag sentiment stamp
  • Queen & co. - sunflower yellow gems

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

13 comments:

Chrissy said...

I love your little bird Connie, I say the same thing to myself, but when you see it, you need it, he is perfect, gorgeous card..

Luv CHRISSYxx

aussie aNNie said...

Absolutely stunning with this gorgeous design, amazing creativity and beautiful colours xx

Em Louise Fairley said...

Beautiful xoxo

April Williams said...

I love this bird die! Your card is so pretty. What a nice way to make the nest too.

Hena Tayeb said...

Beautifully made.

Donna Phelan said...

Yeah but he is wonderful! I like the size of him too! Love the wreath you created too!

Lowcarb team member said...

This lovely bird sits on the wreath beautifully.

All the best Jan

PS I do like your snowman banner photograph.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

This wren is precious. Love how you gave him a nest. Such charm and creativity. ;) XOXO

JD/ Jill said...

Very cute bird card!

Esther Asbury said...

Birds and wreaths are two of my favorite things, and I love this card you created using both. Love that sweet little nest you made for your bird too!

Debbie said...

oooooh this is so cute. i really like the layout and that cute little yellow bird!! i definitely think you needed this dye, you are putting it to good use already!!

Lisa said...

Great die cutting and layering for this wonderful card.

Leslie Miller said...

This is so pretty, Connie! I love this bird, but haven't played with it enough yet. I like the colors you gave it, and the nest and wreath. I, too, love a bird in a wreath.