Monday, December 18, 2023

For the boys

 I have a couple cards I made for my great nephews, the first one is for one that is turning 16 this year, so I always try to do a car card for the boys turning 16 and as I said in my last post I got a couple advent calendars this year and this car was the first item in the Spellbinders calendar, I was just going to use it without the present but I thought it would work for his birthday.

The car was cut from a piece of left over gold shimmer spray I had done on another card. I used some pattern paper for the road, sky and grass, and drew in the lines for the road, although I think he is one the wrong side, LOL!


  • Spellbinders - Day 1 advent Calendar 2023 car and present dies
  • Tattered Angels - Glimmer mist in gold
  • Fiskars - Clouds punches
  • Stamps of life - minis4circles sentiment stamp


On this other card he is turning 13, I always have a hard time transitioning from making kid like cards to teen cards, especially for the boys, but I thought this stamp set may be a good one.  I stamped onto backgrounds I had made using the smooshing technique.



  • Hero Arts - Birthday wishes stamp set, on inked smooshed backgrounds
  • Gemini - Torn edge circle dies
  • Raspberry Road Designs - Love lives here paper
  • Stickles - Scattered straw for flame

Thanks so much for taking the time out to stop by and say Hi,

Connie

12 comments:

Em Louise Fairley said...

Both cards are adorable, Connie xoxo

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Sorry I've been missing - we've all been sick over here, but finally starting to feel better. Love both of these cards! I love the car and that's so perfect for someone turning 16. :)

Chrissy said...

Two fabulous cards Connie I love that little car.I know what you mean with the age transition, it is tricky, but you have done it perfectly..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Leslie Miller said...

The car with the present on top couldn't be more perfect! I would have a very hard time with cards for teen boys, but you aced both of these as you always do.

JD/ Jill said...

Cute cards!

Hena Tayeb said...

Both cards are wonderful.

Birgit said...

These are fabulous Connie! The little car with the gift tied on top is genius. I love that it's different than seeing a tree tied on top. Super cute! Thanks also for the beautiful Christmas card you sent. My cards are running a bit late this year, as they're still sitting on my kitchen table as I type this. haha! Better late than never, I guess. Merriest Christmas blessings to you and your family.

April said...

Your cards are so clever! Maybe the car is going on a road trip in England! Ha!

Donna Phelan said...

Oh that is a great car card! Perfect for a young man! I love the birthday gift on top, you could add a Christmas Tree, a bundle of Hearts, Balloons, the possibilities are endless--fantastic and versatile die! Your second card is also perfect for a new teenager! I love that circle HB stamp, looks great!

Lowcarb team member said...

Two nice looking cards.
Great ideas.

All the best Jan

Lisa said...

Great use of that advent calendar car die cut. It is perfect for someone turning 16. The second card is a wonderful card for a 13 year old. I agree, that age can be tough going from kid to teen. You did great.

Debbie said...

both cards are perfect!! really perfect!! i especially love the car and the present is the perfect addition on top!! you have a very creative mind!!