Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Kids Birthday

 I have two cards finished for my great niece and great nephew, so I thought I would share them together.


  • Great Impressions - G423 stamp colored with/markers
  • Kat Scrappiness - Mini Slimline Stitched Rope die
  • Hero Arts - Fabulous Birthday sentiment
  • Cheery Lynn Designs - Alison's Ribbons die
  • BasicGrey - Two scoops paper
  • Sequins

This next one I tried inking my embossing folder with distress ink and then running it through my machine to transfer the ink to the paper, well I did this a few times and this was my results, then I added some lunar paste to it also, well I am not totally thrilled with the outcome and why did I not just go with some pattern paper instead but no I used the background and had to get it in the mail.  I am sharing my good with my bad cards.  They all don't turn out like we want.  I have since saw someone using the oxide inks and they said you get much better coverage so next time I will try that.


  • Lifestyle Crafts - Birthday embossing folder, used Distress ink directly on folder before embossing
  • Lunar Paste - Sike! over raised areas of embossing folder
  • Mama Elephant - Dos Amigos stamp set, colored w/markers
  • Darice - Nesting wavy squares die
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today and letting me know you have,

Connie

12 comments:

Chrissy said...

Two fun and fabulous cards Connie, I really like the cat and beautiful papers..the second card may not be what was in your head but to me it is grunge, and I love grunge, love the texture and splotchy colours, just makes me want to go and make a grunge background now..

luv CHRISSYxx

April Williams said...

These are so cute! I know that they will enjoy these cards. I like the background on the second one. I see no mistake there.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I think both cards turned out just darling! Such a fun way to express your creativity...and yet be so very thoughtful too. :) I never tire of seeing what you'll do next!! 💗

Donna Phelan said...

Great cards! That cat image is so cute and I really love the design, perfect coloring too! The second card is fun, the inked texture looks great and the images are cute! These are FUN!

JD/ Jill said...

Cute card! I'm sure that they will love their cards!

Lowcarb team member said...

They are so cute, I do like them :)

All the best Jan

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous cards, and adore the papers used, love those stamps and brilliant colours xx

Esther Asbury said...

Both cards are super cute. Even though the background of the second didn't turn out the way you pictured, I think it's pretty cool!

Em Louise Fairley said...

They are so cute! xoxo

Debbie said...

you are so creative, both of these cards are super cute!!

Lisa said...

The kitty image on this first card is really fun. Great coloring of it too. I also think that second card and image is really fun.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, cute! I especially love the cat on the first card. Sorry I'm so behind again. The new normal for me.