Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Stencil backgrounds

 Our stamp group had our skype meeting a couple weeks ago.  The first card I am sharing is what I made that night with what I had ready. My sister in law had just lost her sister so that card went to her. We ended up doing 3 backgrounds each.  The next day I made a second card for a friends birthday, but had no idea what I wanted to do for the last card.  I guess I just need to have someone in mind in order to make a card and on Sunday I was talking to a guy at church and he told me of the passing of his sister, we had a long talk and I felt so sorry for the circumstances I ended up using the last card to make him a card.

I believe, April who shares a card technique with us every time said that she saw Gina K doing this technique.  We cut away a chunk of the front of the card, and masked off the edges with some tape and then stenciled both the front and that bit of the inside that was cut away. Remove the tape and you have a border all around. I share a picture of them laying down flat and then standing up.


  • Fun Stampers Journey - Starburst Lines stencil
  • Heartfelt creations - Flower stamp and die set
  • Pebbles - Rub on sentiment 



  • Simon Says - Freestyle Flowers stencil
  • Pizazz Aplenty - Butterfly die
  • StarForm - Silver text stickers, colored w/brown ink
  • Brown pearls



  • Crafters Workshop - Mini Believe Script stencil
  • Gemini - Torn Edge Circle dies
  • Crafters companion advent calendar 2020 - Stamped leaves and stamp and die dragonfly
  • Spectrum noir - Clear sparkle on the wings
  • Taylored Expressions - Many minis occasions sentiment stamp

Sorry so long, just thought they would be nice to post all together.
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

11 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Love those beautiful, stenciled backgrounds. Your cards are lovely!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Love them all - so pretty. Especially the dragon fly one. 😍
Blessings xo

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

The background technique is great. These are really beautiful cards, Connie! I know they will be appreciated.

-Soma

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous backgrounds Connie, each and every one, love the flower and butterfly and cute little dragonfly, gorgeous..

Luv CHRISSYxx

R's Rue said...

Amazing.

MELODY JACOB said...

Your cards are beautiful and heartfelt. The technique with the stenciling and border looks stunning and adds a lovely touch to your creations. It’s wonderful how you’ve used your cards to offer comfort and celebrate special moments. I have just shared a new blog post and I would love for you to check it out and give me your feedback on www.melodyjacob.com. Thank you!

Donna Phelan said...

Gorgeous backgrounds! Yes, I saw Gina's cards, they were just as lovely as your beauties here! Love how each one is completely different. Great Fun Fold!

Em Louise Fairley said...

So pretty, Connie xoxo

Lisa said...

Great use of that layered Heartfelt Creations flower. The background for your butterfly is really pretty and very eye catching. The softness of the dragon fly background really works well too.

JD/ Jill said...

So Beautiful!

Louca por porcelana said...

Creative and cute cards!