Friday, September 27, 2013

Baby Quilt

Well my sister called not to long ago and let me know the quilt has made it safely to her house, so it made it in time for the baby shower :)  So I thought I would share it.



I forgot to take a picture of the back but it has the same fabric that the binding has, if you can see it :)
I tried to find fabrics that were baby like and that were a little older so that he could use it for longer.
I found the pattern for this in Fall 2012 Quilts and more magazine.  She said it was a modern take on the rail fence pattern, it was quick because you first sew all the strips and then cut into squares.  I quilted the top like she did in her example.   She did her finish quilt 6 blocks by 7 blocks, so I just cut it down to be a size for a baby.

If your interested in the card I made for the shower it is in the previous post.

Hope you all have a very good weekend.  I have a demo at Hobby Lobby tomorrow morning and then on Sunday afternoon our church is having its annual Harvest Festival,  myself and a couple of ladies will be serving the hot dogs and goodies to those attending.  Earlier in the week they were saying rain was in the forecast but thankfully now they are saying it will end early on Sunday morning so by the afternoon hopefully everything will be dried out.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and visit my blog, I really appreciate all your comments,

Connie

11 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hi sweet Connie! The baby quilt turned out beautifully - you do such a lovely job with sewing :) I hope you have a great weekend, friend.

Hugs to you!

Ivanka said...

This is beautiful Connie! What a wonderful keepsake!!

Yvonne B. said...

Wow, Connie! You did a super job on the quilt! You are so talented! You are creating family heirlooms every time you do this!

Dolores Raml said...

Gorgeous quilt Connie, that is going to be treasured for many years. Love the design too and would love patterns like that that are quick to sew up.

Leslie Miller said...

I'm so glad you shared the quilt, Connie! I was hoping we'd get to see it. I so admire this craft. A good friend does quilting and I just salivate over her work. Your baby quilt turned out beautifully!

Diane said...

Gorgeous quilt Connie, what talent. Love the colors.

Hugs Diane

Krystal Kats said...

Hi Connie I hope you had a wonderful time at the Harvest Festival and your event at the Hobby Lobby. The quilt is beautiful. You did a wonderful job.
I just quilted mine simple as well, I cannot quilt a fancy pattern onto a large queen size quilt I have a hard enough time getting it through the neck of the sewing machine even though I know your roll and pin it, it still is very very hard.

Have a wonderful week! Hugs

Cheryl said...

Connie, your quilt is beautiful, and perfect for a baby boy! I'm sure the parents-to-be will be thrilled when they see it!

JD/ Jill said...

Lovely quilt...nice design...

Me, My Stamps and I said...

simply beautiful!!!! lots of time went into this quilt-makes it even more special!!!!
tfs:)

Little Birdie Blessings said...

Hi Connie, the quilt is beautiful. I'm sure it was so rewarding to see it completed and that it made it to the shower in time. Blessings to you. ~ Abby