Friday, September 20, 2013

Birthday Balloon

My great nephew is starting High school this year so I wanted to do a little more grown up card but this feels way to grown up, but I had to get it into the mail so no time to do another one.



Technique Tuesday-- All aboard, colored with markers, hand cut
Hero Arts -- Friendly Flags stamp set, colored with markers, hand cut
Spellbinders -- Classic Rectangles lg die
K&co. --- Blue Awning papers
Recollections -- Button Brads
Hero Arts -- Birthday messages stamp set

We took a run over to St. Louis yesterday so that means I went to one of their Local Stamp stores and I bought a couple stamps and dies, I know I couldn't possibly need more but they just scream out to me that I need to play with them.  I was just talking about this with my sister last night, I am sure if someone came into my craft room and saw all my supplies and tools would say really you need that much stuff just to make cards, I guess we all have those things that bring happiness to us. 

Hope you can find time to play or do those things that bring happiness to you this weekend.

Thanks so much for taking out the time to stop by,
Connie

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think This is one of your better cards and your Great Nephew will be delighted

Bud

Joann said...

Oh Connie! What a fabulous card for your great nephew! I know exactly what you mean about having enough??? You can never have enough! I constantly am finding new sets that just have to have..,lol! Love your work!

Hugs,
Joann

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Gorgeous card!! LOVE the papers. It has such a warm, vintage feel! Love the banner and that super fun balloon too!! I had no idea you were the one who mentioned my name to the Spellbinders Action Team. Wow, I'm honored. Thanks Connie!

Leslie Miller said...

Your nephew will probably love that it's a little bit grown up, him starting highschool and all. But I think it's just right! I completely understand how difficult it is to resist collecting new stamping supplies. You get a lot of enjoyment from it and, in turn, share it with others. It's a very healthy and happy hobby!

Stephanie said...

This is a fabulous card for your nephew! I always love seeing what you have been up to :)

Hugs!

Cheryl said...

My gosh, Connie, this card is FABULOUS! I'm sure your great nephew was thrilled with it--just the right mix of fun and sophisticated. I love all the blue in the images, too.