Monday, September 23, 2013

Majestic Labels

I have been wanting to try out my new dies but I have been busy trying to keep up with birthdays and making the quilt, but I needed a card for a friend so I thought I will have to pick a die set from the new Spellbinders release, since I am making a girl card :)  This card measures 5 x 6 1/2 inches to accommodate the larger size die.

I just love the look of these new dies that you can cut out a design in the background paper and add whatever you want to the inside, and there are so many different looks you can come up with, I just need more time to play is all.



Spellbinders -- Majestic Labels  twenty-five
Elizabeth Craft Designs -- Bees die
Memory Box -- Fabulous Phlox die (flower and greenery)  I have added some stickles to the stamen and a gem from Forever in time to the center
Rasberry Road Designs -- Love lives here paper (plaid paper)
K&co. -- strip of paper at the bottom


The die slipped just a bit on me when I went to cut it out, so it wasn't quite centered on the paper so I made a bow, tied on a button with crochet thread and added it to the base of the card.
Under the first die cut background I added some embossed paper behind it , it is hard to see in the picture.

Hope your having a great start to your week,
It is just Beautiful here, today is work on the lawn day so I should probably get to it,
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by,
Connie

7 comments:

Krystal Kats said...

Hi Connie that is a really cute card, the new spellbinders die is really nice and will be great for a lot of projects. Have fun working on your quilt! I am quilting the top of my second quilt today but it's a queen size and it's a bit tricky for me!

Have a nice day! Hugs

Susan (rainy) said...

Connie, this is gorgeous!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful card Connie. That die is very pretty. Love the pattern paper and the sweet embellishments. Couldn't see the mistake at all... nicely covered! :)

Linda Carson said...

Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous!

Leslie Miller said...

Goodness, love the look of this with the negative cut. Great idea! Pretty paper and ribbon, and the flower is just the perfect finish!

Diane said...

Wow the background paper really makes the die cuts pop. Great job Connie.

Hugs Diane

Cheryl said...

Oooo, I love the beautiful die cut with the white showing through, and the embossing was a fantastic idea. It looks great!