Friday, September 13, 2013

Vintage sewing

I go to a Ladies craft night every week and one of the ladies in our group is having a birthday coming up, she loves all kinds of crafts like I do and recently she has been doing a lot of sewing, so I decided to go with a sewing theme for her birthday.



The image of the sewing machine is from a set of stamps that came in my Cardmaking and Papercrafts magazine, called Sew Pretty vintage stamps, they are all sewing themed.

Spellbinders -- Classic circles lg, Delicate Doilies, marvelous squares(corner piece) and Back to Basics tags dies
DCWV -- Crafty stack
Inkadinkado-- Greetings/Salutations
Buttons-- from a yard sale
Martha Stewart -- Leaf punch
DMC -- Memory Thread ( the tag is attached through the thread)
The flowers I crocheted awhile back at craft night, I see I need to crochet some more, my stash is getting low

Hope you all enjoy a wonderful weekend, I have to get some projects done this weekend, working on a baby quilt and a piece for my fall table display.  We have finally some relief from all the hot weather today we are suppose to reach the upper 70's for our Highs, such a big contrast from a couple of days ago, I am a happy girl!

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by,

Connie

8 comments:

Krystal Kats said...

Hi Connie,

How nice you have a women's craft club, where is that you hook up to?
Our weather keeps going up and down. Today we're to be 94, the only good thing is that we are cooling down at night instead of staying hot all night long. Yes pets are very expensive when you consider the vet bills, I think we also will have to rethink the 3 pets in the house as well. We also have a 13 year old cat!
Lovely card and your projects sound fun, who is having a baby? Hugs

Stephanie said...

Another beautiful card, Connie. The flowers are so sweet and the buttons add extra cuteness :) Hugs!

SarahGeorge said...

This is so pretty!Beautiful flowers and love the way you've put them together.Happy crafting!:)

Michelle said...

Connie, I'm certain that she'll love this card! It's so sweet.

Cheryl said...

I love the vintage feel of this card, and the crocheted flowers and buttons were the perfect embellies for a sewing card. I'm sure your friend loved it.

Linda Carson said...

Get out! You made those crocheted flowers?! Wish I had your talent! I know your friend will love this handmade original card! Love the doily die!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Connie. Love the sewing machine image in the doily... the crocheted flowers are beautiful!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

Another wonderful creation, Connie!!!
lovely doilies!!!
tfs:)