Sunday, June 18, 2023

Great Brother

 I have only used this die for my oldest brother so far and from a friend who has a sister with Alzheimer's  she said that it is good for them to have activities they can do with their hands even if it is repetitive. So I thought this would be a great card to make for my second oldest brother who is suffering from that.


I gave it some extra thickness so that the door has no problem sliding back and forth.  Before putting the door together I added a sign with Jute to hand over the section. I also ran the door through and embossing folder to get wood look on the door.

  • Creek Bank Creations - Barn door dies
  • Crafters companion - Wood grain embossing folder
  • Taylored Expressions - many minis Occasions stamp set for sending you love
  • Great brother sticker is from a set I have had for over 10 years
  • Hero Arts - Birthday message stamp set for balloons and dot on second picture
  • Jute

I stamped the balloon and dots on pattern paper.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

T

15 comments:

Kim said...

I am sorry your brother has Altzheimer's, Connie. His birthday card is delightful. I love that the elements are moveable. Such a good idea.

JD/ Jill said...

I am also sorry to hear about your brother. I hope he liked this card (I'm pretty sure he did!) It is so cute and clever!

Nancy Chan said...

Sorry about your brother. I am sure he enjoys the card you have made for him.

Donna Phelan said...

Oh that's awesome! I have always thought of getting that barn door die set, don't know why I haven't lol Great card and a clever idea for you to send it to him. My Mom also suffers, but she loooooves to color the adult coloring books and I buy her those 'finger poppers' that all of the kids love. Usually in pretty colors and shapes. Email me if you want to know what I am talking about--they are great to keep them engaged on their own terms. (((hugs)))

Em Louise Fairley said...

Great kinetic card, Connie. Sorry to hear about your brother xoxo

April said...

I love this card! Your brother will love it! Great idea for him.

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, great card, great idea! I'm sorry to hear Alzheimers has afflicted your brother.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Oh Connie - this is the sweetest and most clever card! How cool that it can slide back and forth. It's adorable. I'm sorry about your brother. 🙏 It's such a cruel disease. I lost my former MIL to it and she was a best friend. I can relate to your pain. Biggest hugs! 🤗 And happy birthday to your brother. xo

Birgit said...

This is such a great card. The sliding barn door is genius! I'm sorry as well, to hear about your brother. My grandmother had Alzheimer's and it was terribly hard to watch her go through it. Happy birthday to your brother.

Lowcarb team member said...

Alzheimer's is such a cruel disease ...
This is a lovely card Connie, so nice that it can slide back and forth.

All the best Jan

Lisa said...

Love the fun door element on this card. This does make a great interactivity for someone that needs some mobility items.

Chrissy said...

Wonderful interactive card Connie, what a great design and idea, love it, hope your brother does too, bless him..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Louca por porcelana said...

Gorgeous card. Sorry for your brother. God bless him.

Debbie said...

so sad to hear this about your brother!! this is a great, super thoughtful card. i love these barn doors people have been using in their homes, awesome for a card as well!

sending warm wishes for your brother, that's such a tough disease!!

and how in the world did i get so far behind.....

Esther Asbury said...

I love the awesome interactive card, but I'm so sorry you brother is suffering with Alzheimer's.