Friday, June 23, 2023

Time to Play

 I am hoping to get time to play this afternoon. We have been in Michigan since last Friday and made it home yesterday. We had a great time visiting with both our families then headed to the U.P. to go to a State park up there I hadn't been to since I was a kid, and spent some time near the water, have to get our by the water time when we go home :)

My friend who I sent this card to does cardmaking too, so I thought she might like that sentiment :)


I used a lot of rub-ons and one of the laser cuts to frame the sentiment. Spellbinder die to make a little banner for another rub-on.

  • 49 and Market - Artoptions Avesta 6x8 paper, Avesta Laser cut (Frame) Avesta Rub-ons  for sentiment, butterfly and flower
  • Spellbinder - Baby Buntings die
  • Gems
I am trying to catch up on everyone's blogs, usually I take my computer when we go and in the evenings I try to catch up on emails and blogs but I forgot to take my computer this time so I will be busy over the next few days trying to catch up with you all.

Thanks so much for stopping by,

Connie

16 comments:

Sandi said...

I hope you will post photos of the U.P.!

JD/ Jill said...

Nicely done card! And I really like that theme. I never seem to have enough time to play!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Nice to hear you are enjoying summer with visits with family and to the park. Your card is perfect for this time of year. It goes by so fast - enjoy your weekend. Hugs xo K

Lisa said...

Hope your Michigan trip was wonderful. This is a beautiful card to send to another crafty friend. Super paper and layout.

Birgit said...

What a lovely design on this beautiful card! I'm sure your friend loved it!! So glad you had a nice time away. It's always nice to be disconnected for a bit. Glad you're home safe and sound.

April said...

It sounds like you had a nice visit with family. Your card is so pretty. I love the papers.

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful papers for this lovely card, Connie. Time to play is infinitely important, and we card makers generally have lots to play with. I'm glad you had a nice trip. It's good to step away completely. I would always check emails on my phone, but the laptop was for Rich to play solitaire on.

Chrissy said...

I'm so glad you had a lovely time away Connie and it's always good to get home and then to make a beautiful card and the rub-ons are gorgeous with the frame and butterfly, beautiful..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Louca por porcelana said...

So pretty! Hugs.

Donna Phelan said...

Gosh those papers are beautiful! Love the colors and that pretty butterfly. And I adore that frame and of course your fun sentiment. Lovely all over. Sounds like you had a great trip!

Debbie said...

this is a great card for someone who "likes to play" like you do!!! beautiful colors, everything goes together perfectly!!

Em Louise Fairley said...

So pretty! Hope you had a great time in MI xoxo

Beth Stamps said...

Your vacation sounds wonderful. You bring lots of laughter to the room so I know they just loved to see you again.

You have better luck with rubons than I do. Your friend certainly will love this cute card.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

So adorable! I love this one ;)

Esther Asbury said...

I love that beautiful paper and the pretty way you framed your sentiment!

Darlene said...

WOW what a FABULOUS design! Love how you framed the sentiment in the corner ... adds awesome dimension! (I know what you mean by 'catching up' ... ugh just never enough hours in the day sometimes.) Glad you had fun on your away time!