Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Happy Birthday Sis

 Today is my sister's birthday, she stops by my blog, so I always wait until I know she has received the card before posting :)

There is a little story behind the die I used, when it came out I just loved it but told myself you have enough of background dies no more buying of those, well I went on Amazon one day to look at something and this die came up on my suggested items and I thought oh this is a sign I should buy this, LOL, you know free shipping and all, and since my sisters birthday was coming up I thought I should get that so she will have a special card :)

I cut the die twice, first from a yellow patten paper and then again in white, took the white piece and popped it up for dimension and then added the yellow center in the middle gluing directly to the card base.


  • Spellbinders - Infinity Punch and Pierce Plate die, Be Bold Blooms dies and Sweet Birdie die
  • Queen & co. - Twinkle goosebumps (yellow gems)
  • Paper studios - Pearls
  • Martha Stewart - Tag punch
  • Stamps of Life - Minis4circles sentiment stamp

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

16 comments:

Open Your Heart to Gardening said...

Wishing your sister a very happy birthday. Beautiful card.

Lowcarb team member said...

That's a lovely card.
Wishing your sister a very happy birthday.

All the best Jan

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

This is so adorable!! Love the sweet little bird. ;) Happy birthday to your sister!! 🎉 💝

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

So sweet and feminine! Love the soft colors. Happy Birthday to your sis! x K

Birgit said...

This is darling Connie! I love the colors you used for the flowers and that frame die.... I literally just bought it myself a couple of days ago. Can't wait for it to arrive!! Lovely, lovely inspiration today! I'm sure your sister loved this sweet card.

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, I'm surprised it's on Amazon already. I do love this die, too, and have several more cut, but it looks especially pretty with the yellow designer paper. So cute with the bird and flowers, which you know I love as well. Happy birthday to your sister! I know she was so pleased with this absolutely darling card!

April said...

This is s super cute die! Your card is so pretty. I know your sister loved it.

Nancy Chan said...

Happy birthday to your sister. That is a beautiful birthday card.

Donna Phelan said...

Adorable! Happy Birthday to your sister! Love the colors and those dies are magnificent....the background one--love how you popped that portion up....the sweet little bird and those beautiful blooms! This is just lovely all over! I just got a set of TH alphabet dies from Amazon, they were $15.16 cheaper than Simon Says and $11.42 cheaper than Scrapbook.com. AND the free shipping. I do like to support the online regular stores but at that price I just couldn't this time around.

Em Louise Fairley said...

So sweet, Connie. I love the delicacy of the background die xoxo

R's Rue said...

So beautiful. Regine

Lisa said...

This card is super gorgeous! Love the die cuts, love the colors, love the layout. Really incredible card.

Darlene said...

Awe what a sweet birthday card! I don't blame you on making that purchase ... after all, how many 'signs' do you need to realize you just can't live without this die? LOL And, you've certainly put it to beautiful use! She's going to love it.

Chrissy said...

What a fabulous die set Connie and I love that little bird, he is so sweet, love the flowers and your card design, fabulous card, hope your sister had a real happy birthday..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Louca por porcelana said...

Adorable card. Happy Birthday to your sister. Hugs.

Debbie said...

what a great story and the best excuse i have ever heard to make a purchase!!! you created a very special card for your sister and that bird is adorable!!