Friday, June 9, 2023

Light theme cards

 I was going through more of my pictures trying to clean up my hard drive and realized I had one more group of cards to share that I had posted while on the Dirty Dozen team.

I had never used these dies before but they worked perfectly for the light theme. I really loved how this turned out, I did a little inking behind the lanterns first to give it a glow, cut all the pieces out and colored the flames, added some stickers to hang the lanterns from.


I love this lighthouse stamp and have used it quite a few times, this time I did a very limited coloring so that the light would be the showcase!


The last was sunrise on the water, I cut the circle and had that in the background and popped up the rest of the scene with foam tape. Coloring in only the portion that I cut with the circle to emphasize the sunrays.


Hope you all enjoy a nice weekend, we are having some air quality alerts for the past few days, we are only in the Orange though, mainly because we are so close to St. Louis, so nothing like what the East Coast is experiencing, praying they can get a handle on the wild fires soon.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

18 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

These three cards are wonderful to look at, Connie! I absolutely love the lantern die. It's a treat to scroll down and see two more cards after that. Well done with the sentiments. That's a beautiful ocean stamp and such a nice blue with it. It's distressing about the wildfires in Canada. It seems that every year it's worse.

Donna Phelan said...

Great seaside creations, I am so partial to them. But I have to say your lantern card takes my breath away! I. LOVE. THAT.

Chrissy said...

WOW, gorgeous cards Connie, I LOVE the lanterns and their light glowing so brightly, looks fabulous, the lighthouse is gorgeous, great masculine feel, and the and I love the window in the last card allowing the sun to shine through, beautiful..

luv CHRISSYxx

Lowcarb team member said...

Three lovely cards.

The wild fires are terrible aren't they and seem to be affecting air quality over a very large area.

Enjoy your weekend.

All the best Jan

Louca por porcelana said...

Beautiful card. Best wishes.

Lisa said...

These are great cards Connie. I really love the glow you added to the back of the hanging lights. The light house image is fabulous. My grandma is buried by a light house and every time I see one I think of her. I need to get a few more light house images in my collection. The ocean scene is amazing too. Three gorgeous cards.

April Williams said...

All of your cards are beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Debbie said...

you really nailed the theme, in three completely ways, bravo!! the cards are beautiful!!

our air quality has improved 90%. the air seems very clear and there is no longer the smell of fire!! we grilled last night and are going out for a little while today!! YaY!!!

Nancy Chan said...

Pretty cards. You are very creative. Have a great new week.

aussie aNNie said...

Gogeous colours and wonderful crafting. x

wannabcre8tive said...

Wow, all of these cards are both creative and beautiful. It would be hard to pick a fav. M

handmade by amalia said...

Let there be light! I'm loving the light motive in these three gorgeous cards, I think I'll choose the lighthouse as my favorite.
Amalia
xo

Beth Stamps said...

Such a lovely display of cards. The candles are beautiful. I like the glow you created. I've got the same lighthouse stamp, and it's one of my favourite stamps. It's so versatile as you showcased today. I'm really in love with your sunset on the beach card. The circle you cut adds a touch of intrique. Beautiful work Connie.

Yes, the wild fires are a major concern here in Canada. Currently there remains 24 uncontrolled wild fires out East, down from 70. I keep praying for rain.

Hena Tayeb said...

So beautiful. I especially love the first one.

Em Louise Fairley said...

They are all beautiful, Connie xoxo

JD/ Jill said...

These are all Beautiful cards! But the first one is my favorite!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Love these so much Connie! That lantern one with the message goes right to my heart. Just beautiful. 💗

Esther Asbury said...

OH wow - these are all awesome! I especially love that last one with the popped up circle!