Thursday, September 28, 2023

Father and Son

 My nephew and his sons birthdays are very close together, I thought I would post their cards together this year since I managed to do them both in the same day.

First my nephews card. The base background is a stamp, the piece right behind the bird is a background I made with Simon Hurley's stamping foam, using a basket to get the design., everything else is die cuts.


  • Tim Holtz - Feathered Friends die, Papillion CMS106 stamp, Funky Nature dies and Clippings Sticker book
  • Simon Hurley - Stamping foam background using a basket for impression (behind bird)


For my Great nephews card I went with adding some balloons which is the challenge over at 
Double D Challenge blog . The Balloons were cut from the pattern paper using his age.



  • Hot off the press - Cardmakers  Card Quotes Definitions (sentiment)
  • Spellbinders - Large Deckled Rectangle die
  • Taylored Expressions - Balloons die
  • Crate Paper - Party day paper

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today and say Hi,

Connie

16 comments:

April said...

I love the first one because of the bird! It is so pretty and I love the layout. The second one is such a fun card. I love the saying on the front.

Debbie said...

ooooh the bird is so beautiful, i really like the addition of the feathers!!

and a great idea to define a word for the sentiment!!

Chrissy said...

Love the background and fabulous bird Connie, sort of grungy colours, love it, love the texture and design and the sentiment is so funny on the second one, I would have to look up half the other words to find out what they mean.. lol..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lowcarb team member said...

I like both of these Connie :)

All the best Jan

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

They will love them! Both so cute. The bird one is so sweet and the 2nd one just screams fun with the cool background and adorable balloons! Love them both. :)

aussie aNNie said...

Amazing looking card and I LOVE all the fabulous colours and lovely design x

Birgit said...

Two fantastic cards Connie. I especially Love the bird card. The script background and that feather..... Fabulous!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Love the first card so much - perfect for fall, too! Very cute '13' card for your nephew, too. That's such a fun age. Hope you are getting some nice fall weather for your weekend, Connie. x K

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I really like the bird's card.

God bless.

Lisa said...

I love your stamping foam stamping. I really want to get one to play with and add to my tools. Super card for your nephew. Great layers and colors.

Your great nephew's card is perfect for a 13 year old too. I love the Hot off the press sentiment too.

Donna Phelan said...

Great cards! I thought that 1st one had a window die cut, you just got so much dimension with everything, so cool! Love the basket print you created, very clever and looks great! The 2nd one is so fun, great stamp set! Perfect for a young man turning 13!

Esther Asbury said...

Love them both, but that bird card is over the top awesome! I love the background, the feather, and of course the bird!

Darlene said...

Both cards are just fabulous Connie .. hope you guys are doing well! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Judy Woodland said...

Wonderful cards, you really have an eye for color and design. Lots of wonderful work here, and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Double D, hope we see you back again soon.
Judy~ DD DT Designer

Louca por porcelana said...

Pretty cards. Hugs.

Em Louise Fairley said...

Both are gorgeous, Connie xoxo