Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Masculine Fall

 I needed a birthday card for my nephew, not sure what to do, decided to look through the challenges out there and found the Stencil Fun Challenge Blog with the option of fall theme and I don't use my stencils nearly enough so I decided to go for it.  Trying to find one that would go with a fall theme was a little difficult but I thought a pebble background might be nice. The leaves were cut from backgrounds I made using the smoosh technique with distress inks.



  • Honey Bee - River Rock Stencil
  • DCWV - Corrugate Neutrals cardstock
  • Spellbinders - Fall foliage die
  • Tim Holtz - 3D oak leaf and Leaf fragment die
  • My Favorite Things- Label Maker sentiment stamp

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today, hope your week is off to a good start,

Connie

12 comments:

Debbie said...

your blog looks great...i really like the background and your header picture!!

this is a beautiful card, i like the pebble background and the leaves are so pretty. i like that they are all different!!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Beautiful card - well crafted.

God bless.

Diane said...

Beautiful fall card, and a great idea to use as a masculine card, I'll have to remember this!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
Diane SF Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Stencil Fun}

Chrissy said...

Beautiful colours on the leaves and corrugated strip and love the background Connie, gorgeous card.

luv CHRISSYxx

Birgit said...

What a pretty fall card! I love the stone like background with your brilliantly colored fall leaves. So pretty!

Donna Phelan said...

Great stenciled background! I LOVE those textured leaves--soooo beautiful! Perfect Fall creation or masculine birthday! Really, those leave dies are FAB!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Your blog looks so pretty Connie - and so Fall. Love it! And I love this card - so bright and rustic. I love that pebble background. It really fits a more masculine card and makes the leaves pop. :)

Darlene said...

FANTASTIC! What a clever design idea and I'm so glad you were inspired to pull out those old stencils! Always remember, you DO NOT need to follow the theme ... as long as you use a stencil, you card qualifies! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our STENCIL FUN challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth,Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Em Louise Fairley said...

So pretty, Connie xoxo

Lowcarb team member said...

I like the mix of colours you've used.
Enjoy these last few days of September.

All the best Jan

Lisa said...

Gorgeous fall colors on these die cuts. Lots of great textures too. A fantastic birthday card for anyone.

Esther Asbury said...

I love your ink smooshed leaves. I need to remember to use those background for die cutting more often!