Thursday, September 14, 2023

Twofer

 I am sharing a new die I bought at Hobby Lobby and has been sitting in my new goodies basket, it was 40% off and I thought this is one of those dies that I could get two cards for one, just by putting the innies of each one in the other.  Well let's just say I won't be doing this again, next time I will just put another background piece behind.  Trying to keep track of all those tiny pieces was so time consuming and I even lost some that I never found, if you look closely enough you will see.


  • Momento - Scalloped Birds die
  • Spellbinders - Labels Trio die
  • Queen & Co. - Baby Blue pearls

Here is the second


  • Momento - Scalloped Birds  die
  • Stamps of Life - Minis 4 circles sentiment stamp set

I would like to share my cards today with
 NBUS Challenge blog - Never before used schtuff

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

13 comments:

Darlene said...

What a great idea and both cards are just beautiful! Thanks for inspiration my friend!

Chrissy said...

Beautiful die and love both your cards Connie, love the soft green and you would never notice bits missing, really lovely..

Luv CHRISSYxx

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Well definitely the right idea as both are so very cute! But I get where it would be too many putsy little bits. You got 2 darling cards out of it this time though. lol 😉

Darnell said...

It was a great idea, Connie, and both cards are so pretty in these lovely colors! Normally, I love this sort of jig-saw-piecing, but I have to agree, the bits of this one are too much! Good sale price, though! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Birgit said...

Oh my goodness, I can't imagine how much time you invested by doing that, though in theory, the idea is brilliant! I'm glad you got two gorgeous cards out of one pass though. Beautifully done Connie!

aussie aNNie said...

That image is awesome and so are the colours! Love this design, have a lovely weekend xx

April Williams said...

These are beautiful! I know what you mean about all those pieces. I am with you - just putting it on the background. I do love this look though.

Lisa said...

I am in awe of you swapping these die cut pieces! Lots of work and both cards turned out great.

Lowcarb team member said...

Well done, a lot of work but the finished cards look very nice.

All the best Jan

Donna Phelan said...

It is a gorgeous background die and you did make 2 gorgeous cards! If you have double sided adhesive that could help you out. Pretty, pretty shade of green, love it in the white too!

Louca por porcelana said...

Gorgeous cards! Great job.

Em Louise Fairley said...

They are beautiful, Connie! Well worth the effort xoxo

Esther Asbury said...

Beautiful cards!!