Saturday, July 13, 2024

For you

 I had seen a few cards on Pinterest of people rolling papers back to make an opening, I am sorry I have tried to go back and look for them but can't find where I saw them, I took an oval die and just laid it on top to give me an idea on how much paper to roll back.  I stamped on a separate piece of cardstock and colored with markers.  There is a little sentiment on the tag in the stamped image so I didn't add another.


  • Power Poppy - Short Stacks stamp set, colored w/markers
  • Crate Paper - DIY Shop paper
  • Tearing back of paper and inked with Old paper distress ink
  • Sequins


Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

14 comments:

April said...

This is such a cute card! I have also seen this roll back technique. You did a great job with it.

Chrissy said...

Very pretty Connie the curl backs are fabulous and love the sweet image..

luv CHRISSYxx

Lowcarb team member said...

What a good looking card.
I like the colours and the roll back technique you've used.

All the best Jan

aussie aNNie said...

how pretty ... love the design and brilliant colours here, great post x
Thank you for well wishes, getting there slowly xx

Em Louise Fairley said...

So pretty xoxo

Birgit said...

So very cute with those gifts bursting through the paper. Well done Connie!

Donna Phelan said...

Awesome technique! I have seen them too, but have never made one! (now I can picture the MFT Super Hero images busting through one!) Yours is spectacular and I think of all the birthday gift/packages I have ever seen this one from Power Poppy is one of my most favorites. You have colored it perfectly! Love this!

Esther Asbury said...

What a fun way to spotlight your main image! Those rolled back edges are perfect!

Louca por porcelana said...

Gorgeous card. Love!

JD/ Jill said...

What a neat technique. Well done!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I absolutely love the vibe of the rolled back look. That's so cool!! And I love the decoration - a teapot of flowers always has my heart :0)

Lisa said...

Amazing coloring on this image and the rolled back paper is amazing to really showcase your wonderful image.

Debbie said...

what a wonderful look, i don't remember you or anyone else ever doing this before!! your coloring and the colors you chose are so beautiful!! "for you" so cute!!

Leslie Miller said...

Cute idea and pretty coloring! I always loved this sweet stamp.