Friday, July 19, 2024

Daisy

 I usually cut these type dies out completely and then put them on the front of my cards but this time I cut into my front panel, and added a yellow piece of paper on the inside of the card so that the flowers would stand out better, I think you can see it better on my close up picture.


  • Gemini - OX Eye Daisy die, cut directly into the front of the card, colored with both inks  through the die and then markers for the stem
  • Penny Black - Sprinkles and smiles sentiment stamp

I would like to share my card with The Flower Challenge Blog Birthday

Thanks for all the kind thoughts with our flooding situation.  I can't imagine what people go through that have their whole house flooded.  We are very close to having our crawl space pumped out and most of the garage is done. Prayers for all those going through floods, fires and anything else unexpected.

Thanks for stopping by and hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Connie


12 comments:

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Connie, I love your clever design and very neat fussy cutting, and it does make the flowers pop with the yellow panel, gorgeous..

Luv CHRISSYxx

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

So happy to hear the flooding situation is getting better! Love the card. Makes me think of my Mom - daisies are her favorite and I'm currently working a daisy craft for her. :) Have a great weekend! xo

Donna Phelan said...

Makes for a very pretty die cut design! I adore Daisies! Glad you are on the pump out and clean up part of this, what a nightmare--but like you said, could have been worse! Phew!

Lisa said...

The yellow behind the daisy die cut works very well. Your coloring adds to the die cut too.

Esther Asbury said...

I love how you created a little window to the inside of your card with this pretty die cut.

Carol L said...

What a beautiful design with layering the die-cut panel inside, and I really like that great sentiment too!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

I'm sorry to hear you got flooding. How disheartening ❤️. Your card is unique and creative. Love the window die.

Birgit said...

What a lovely card! It looks so pretty cut through the front of the card, with the colored paper in the background. I just read your last post to catch up on the flooding. So glad the rain has subsided for you and the water table is going down. Glad you're safe and well.

Em Louise Fairley said...

It's beautiful, Connie xoxo

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

Daisies are my favourite flowers and I love this card. The yellow background looks so wonderful. It is a very happy card, Connie! I am glad you are safe. Take care!

-Soma

Cindy Beach said...

Your card is fabulous, Connie! I love how you partially die cut those pretty daisies. Thanks for joining us at The Flower Challenge!

Louca por porcelana said...

Great job! Sweet card.