Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Tag in a card

 I think this card came from working on my Junk Journal this month, I make all kinds of tags and pockets and such for that so when I went to make my friends birthday card that was on my mind :) I used quite a few different pattern papers, and stamped my tag, adding more pattern paper at the top.  It is hard to see but I also used some die cut flowers on the front of the pocket I made to insert the tag into. I used more of the pretty trim my sister gifted me on the pocket.


  • Raspberry Road designs - Love lives here papers
  • Trim from my sister
  • Hero Arts - Nested tag shapes die
  • Crafters companion advent calendar - Flower and leaves die cuts
  • Impression Obsession - Birthday stamp set (birthday)
  • Dollar store stamps - Flowers, leaves and Happy

I would like to share my card with the following challenges:
Simon Says Monday Challenge Layers

I am a little late posting because we had severe flooding in our area, the shopping center we always go too was under water and the animal shelter had to be evacuated, they were wading in waist deep water trying to get them all out.  Through Facebook we are seeing many others that were impacted too.  I am so thankful that the rain finally stopped just before our 4 foot crawl space was up to the floor boards.  Our garage got a couple inches of water, so we have been working on pumping out water and cleaning up everything in the garage.  A damn in a city about an hour away burst and many people in the path of it had to be evacuated too.  

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

13 comments:

Donna Phelan said...

Pretty colors, pretty patterns. Love that Washi Tape! Fun Birthday card!

Darlene said...

What an awesome design Connie and love your choice of papers! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our new Love Those Pretty Papers challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power, Love Those Pretty Papers

April said...

Your card is so pretty. I love the pocket and tag. So sorry to hear about the flooding in your area. Wow! waist deep at the animal shelter! I am glad that your house did not get flooded and hopefully you can get out all the water in the garage.

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

So pretty! Love those leaves and the flower. I am so sorry to hear about the flooding. That sounds really bad. I hope everyone and the animals are safe. Take care, Connie!

-Soma

Donna Phelan said...

Love any kind of Tag and/or pocket on a card! This is FUN! Loving that pretty little flower in the corner--so sweet!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Love the tag - so cute! I like to use them in scrapbooking a lot too. :)

Chrissy said...

First off Connie, I'm glad you are safe and not too much damage, could have been a lot worse so thankful for that, and I love your tag in a card, looks fabulous and love the colours too..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Em Louise Fairley said...

Beautiful card, Connie xoxo

Lisa said...

I wonderful combination of papers and I love the idea of the pocket on the front too. I could see making a pocket, adding a tag then grabbing the tag for a gift and putting a note in the pocket. Oh you have my creative juices going now seeing this card. Thank you for the inspiration.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Disastrous flooding. I'm sorry you went through this. We had local flooding. Toronto got hit bad. Flooding repairs are estimated to cost 1 billion dollars.

I love your pocket card.

Louca por porcelana said...

Gorgeous card! Love!

Debbie said...

a very cute card connie. so sorry to read about the flooding, we have been so lucky when it comes to flooding!! our days have been so gray and gloomy but we have not had any rain!!

Leslie Miller said...

The weather is insane! I'm sorry to be so late to visit, Connie. It's been difficult finding the time. I'm glad you had at least a 4 foot crawl space and are fortunate that's the only thing you have to pump out. Still a worry and a bother. Thankful for small blessings. Your card is so pretty. Love the border and the papers.