Saturday, February 18, 2017

Slam Dunk and Elephant Rock State park

My great nephew had just started basketball just before his birthday, so I decided to go with that theme for his birthday card this year.  The images are stickers, I just added a bit of marker under the boy to ground him and I decided to write the sentiment myself, I thought it would be neater than just saying Happy Birthday. I used a sketch from Splitcoast stampers for this card.


Dimple Street gang- Sports boys stickers
Spellbinders -- Long classic rectangle small die
Marvy - 1" square punch
Making memories -- paper

I never get around to going through my pictures I take to share when I actually take them, so I made an effort to do that this time, on my hubby's day off a couple days ago we drove over to Missouri to Elephant Rocks state park, they have a very nice paved trail there, although you can go off and do some climbing if you want.  It is very hilly though.

They have an old ruin of an engine house that serviced the trains that worked in these Quarries years ago, they use to mine here and when they were done they turned it into a park.  Here is my hubby standing in front of it, isn't the brick work so cool. Yep he has two cameras he takes picture with and I now have the very first camera he ever bought.


First signs of spring, the buds are forming, YAH!!!



Here you can see the holes they would make when mining.



Here we are at the top of Elephant Rock


The trail has these tight spaces to get through the rocks or you can go an easier way for those with wheel chairs, we chose to go this way, more fun :)


The lake at the Quarry


My taking of this picture


This is how my hubby chooses to get this picture, I think my way is safer :)


We enjoyed a beautiful day out!  Hope you enjoy your weekend.
Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you join my again tomorrow for my next Dies R us  blog post.

Connie

12 comments:

Beth Norman said...

Very nice way to use stickers. I'm constantly going into the sticker isle but can't figure out how to put things together in a nice way. You did a bang up job. Thanks for sharing your photos. I love to see photos of the bloggers I follow. Looks like you had a great time.

Unknown said...

Love your little adventures! Really cute basketball birthday card, he'll love it!

Lowcarb team member said...

That basketball card is just great ... it is a game loved by so many.

So nice to see all of your photo's of your recent visit to Elephants Rock State Park. I think I would have taken the photo from where you stood too. Great one taken by you of your hubby taking his photo though ...

enjoy your weekend

All the best Jan

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Connie,
Great photos!! Glad you enjoyed the day!!
Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Hugs,
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Connie, your marker work does give dimension to the card. Great job.

PS Hello Connie's husband!

Diane said...

Your great nephew is going to love that darling card Connie. Wonderful pictures and information. Have a fun weekend.

Hugs Diane

Stephanie said...

Your pictures are simply lovely, my friend. The elephant rock is quite unique :)

Ah, signs of spring are popping up all over including here in the mountains. We have been enjoying warm days with lots of sunshine and today was 50 degrees! It was heavenly.

Have a blessed Sunday! Hugs!

Linda Carson said...

Your card is too cute! At first I thought the sticker was no-line coloring!! That park looks like an amazing place to explore! Love the pics!

Janice said...

Super card for your great nephew, and great photos of what looks a lovely day out!

Leslie Miller said...

Connie, your card is so cute and it worked out great with the sketch, which I really love. I'm sure I'd make a mess with the hand-written sentiments, but yours look as good as a stamp. Love that you shared these awesome photos, too. I enjoy seeing the sites in different regions. It must have been a real pleasure to get out on a nice day.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Super cool basketball card Connie. Love the orange hues. Oh, those photos are amazing. Looks like a nice place.

Debbie said...

awesome card, awesome colors!! i think handwriting adds a very special element to a card and you did a really nice job!! and great captures of hubby and your adventure!!