Sunday, February 19, 2017

Gatefold

There are so many ways that you could use this border die but I decided to use it in a gatefold card today.


I started with a piece of cardstock measuring 5 1/2x 8 7/8.  On the long side I scored my card stock at 2 3/8 and 6 5/8. With these measurements I was able to get the two borders to just barely overlap.

My tip for you is to take your die and line it up with a grid of some kind to make sure you are getting your die cut straight as you see in this picture below. I always tape my dies down with a removable tape so the die doesn't shift on you.



Once I lined up and cut both sides I applied tape to the left side so that I could put a flower panel of paper so that when the card is closed you see the flower panel and not the message I wrote on the inside. I used scor pal tape, I suggest using heavy duty tape you use for things you don't want to move at all, you just want to be very careful when taping your panel to the side panel.



Here is what it looks like when opened.



I used the Frantic stamper rose cutout border die but at the time of this post they have sold out of that die, Here are some borders  in the store.

The inside floral paper I added was 4 1/8 x 5 1/2.





Added the sentiment stamp to the left front and some bling to the right side.

Follow Dies R Us!


 
Click below for:
Remember, there is a new inspiration sample shared each and every day of the month
on our Dies R Us Inspiration Blog using a variety of dies from several different companies.
Then of course you'll want to come join us at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.
There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st & 15th of each month with
a gift voucher prize to one lucky winner each challenge!

OH!  And did you know we have a FB Page and PINTEREST Page?

Thanks for stopping by today!

14 comments:

Janice said...

A really pretty gatefold card Connie. Such a lovely floral border and what an excellent idea to use a floral panel as a backing to the dies, I must give this a try!

Daniela said...

What a stunning work of art, dear Connie !!!

Wishing you a lovely Sunday and new week ahead,
sweetest friend of mine,
with utmost gratitude

XOXO Dany

Unknown said...

What a beautiful rose garden, love that gate fold too! Loving the pretty paper beneath too! Fabulous card, wonderful die!

Birgit said...

Oh wow, that edge die is gorgeous, as is your card! I love the gate fold too! Beautifully done Connie!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Wow, what a clever idea for an amazing gate fold! Really pretty, Connie!

Beth Norman said...

Very nice, Connie. What a cute idea for using your die. Hope you're having a nice weekend.

Leslie Miller said...

What a beautiful idea, Connie! I do love a gate fold card, but never think to make them. This die worked out brilliantly. I love the pretty paper inside, too. Thanks for the dimensions!

Anonymous said...

Connie, what a great idea to tape the die down so it doesn't shift. The floral work is so pretty!

Stamping With Bibiana said...

great tutorial and idea. beautiful card...hope all is well with you
cheers from california
bibiana

Kim said...

Wow, I am amazed at your beautiful card, Connie. The border flower die is so delicate; it is perfect! LOVE it!!

Lowcarb team member said...

There looks to be a lot of work and care in this card.
I love the colours and the finished card does look very good.

Sending my good wishes for this new week

All the best Jan

Monika/Buzsy said...

Amazing gatefold card Connie. Love the rose border! So pretty! The rhinestone flourish is gorgeous!

Christine said...

Wow, Connie! How stunning in every detail! I don't know if
I'd have the patience for this intricate work but you do it so beautifully & skilfully!

Debbie said...

wow connie, this one is gorgeous!! i always think these beautiful cards belong in frames!!

gorgeous colors!!!