Friday, February 10, 2017

Water Bleaching

I forgot to finish posting cards made from my stamp groups week of challenges.  On this card you can't really go by the results I got because I didn't use the correct ink, that just shows you that you really need to read the directions over a couple of times to make sure you are doing correctly.

You are to apply at least three different colors of DISTRESS INKS OR WATER BASED INKS to your base cardstock. Then stamp over that with an outline stamp, one that won't smear with your water, like Versafine is what I used.  Then take a paint brush with water on it on the areas you want to lighten up, take off access ink and water with clean paper towel.

I used dye inks and that is why I didn't get the same results as the other ladies and I didn't have time to go back and try it again doing it the correct way.  As you can see a little bit of the ink did lift off but not as well as it should have.


My three colors of Memento inks were -- Bamboo leaves, Paris Dusk and Rhubarb Stalk
Rubber Stampede -- Lily stamp
Spellbinders -- A2 Distressed Edges die
David Tuttera -- Celebrate Sentiment
Papertrey ink -- Hodge Podge paper
Martha Stewart -- Butterfly punch
Enamel accents -- white

I am a bit behind once again on blog visiting, my hubby's best friend since High School came to visit with his new wife. His first wife passed away a few years back and we are so happy for him that he has found a lovely lady to share his life with.

Wishing you all a very Fun and creative weekend,

Connie

10 comments:

Unknown said...

That Lily image is glorious! I had forgotten about the Bleaching technique. It really takes on a life of it's own! Beautiful!

Leslie Miller said...

Nevertheless, it turned out beautiful, and with the perfect stamp for the technique with all it's wide open areas. Interesting, and I may have to try it. I'm a little behind on blog visiting, too. Had to take time to make some cards and get caught up on other things.

Esther Asbury said...

Your card still turned out lovely even if you did use the wrong inks! I do love distress inks though -- they react so wonderfully with water and are so fun to play with!

Darlene said...

OH WOW ... this is awesome! Great job!

Beth Norman said...

Love your card. The rose colour really pops. Experimenting is fun--even if it doesn't turn out the way you had hoped.

Anonymous said...

Connie, love the effect those steps made on your floral card. Stunning!

Janice said...

Another technique for me to try! Your card is so pretty.

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Your card turned out so very pretty, dear Connie. Have a lovely weekend and thanks for your kind words.
Hugs,
Marie

Debbie said...

well, it is simply gorgeous - trademark your mistake!! beautiful colors and i really like the edge you created and the pretty little butterfly!!!

nice for your friend, we all need a companion to share a bucket of popcorn with ;)

Lowcarb team member said...

Such gorgeous colours here, and I do like the butterfly.

All the best Jan