Monday, February 20, 2017

Youth Pastor

This card all started with this chipboard piece with 3 circles in it.  I had no idea where I was going with this card, but I was challenging myself to use pieces from this set and when I came across this piece I thought I could use my inchie stamps with it.

I painted the chipboard piece first, it did take a couple of coats, the chipboard soaks up a lot of the paint. While that was drying I stamped the inchie images and sentiment.
Cut my paper, and tried to find an interesting way to attach the sentiment and found this clip, I hadn't used these in awhile either.


I really like the yellow and gray combo, I applied it to a black card base.

BasicGrey -- Chipboard Hardware
Distress paint -- Mustard seed
DCWV -- corrugate paper
Inkadinkado -- Trees and Leaves stamp set
Hero Arts -- Birthday messages sentiment stamp set
Clip

I hope you are enjoying the start to your week, we are enjoying above normal temperatures, the weather guy did say last night though that by the end of the week our lows will be back in the 20's brrr, so winter is not done with us yet.

Dies R us is having a Design Team call, if you are interested check out this Link for all the details.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and letting me know you did,

Connie

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Connie, I love the "windows" on your card. Very pretty!

I'm hoping the weather doesn't turn too much colder. I am loving this warmer winter.

Debbie said...

the gray and yellow do go together very nicely!! i also like the balance of three's, three's always balance out well!!

our temperatures are a little cooler but still in the 50's and 60's this week. i am enjoying it!!

Unknown said...

Soft and subtle. It's really quite beautiful in it's simplicity! I love how you 'use' your found items. I just donated a ton of paper, scissors, paper punches, ribbon etc to the lady who runs the Arts & crafts where my Mom lives, thankfully she loved it all!

Donna Ellis said...

Such a pretty nature card, Connie, with soft, yet masculine, colors! Wishing you a great week! hugs, de

Leslie Miller said...

I do love a gray and yellow color combo. Funny how I've been thinking about that combo lately and now here it is. I just saw some of those spiral clips used on Stacy Morgan's blog, too, and now I'm wishing I hadn't given all mine away, but can't keep everything. Additionally, the corrugated paper is making a splash around Blogland lately. Sheesh, we live in a small world, don't we? I love the way your windows peek onto the nature images. This makes a great masculine card. You're so good about using the many different things in your stash.

Beth Norman said...

Great design idea. I didn't realize cardboard soaks up paint. Your spiral clip is neat. I never know how to use them so I never buy them. Now I see a use for them. You're an enabler--LOL

Cheryl said...

Very, very cute :-) I am planning on playing around with some embossing powders... have you ever stamped onto a mound of embossing powder? I want it to end up like a "seal".... must think on this....

Lowcarb team member said...

Love the colours of this card, don't they go well together

All the best Jan

Kim said...

Those inchie stamps are very cool. Love the design and the soft grey colour. Fun clip. Great card!