Saturday, February 4, 2017

Stamp and Stencil

The next challenge one of the ladies in my group had was to Stamp a background stamp and then stencil over in another color and I went with this vine leaf stamp (sorry I don't have the name) and a crackle stencil in gray over it. This was going to my brother in law so I was going for a more masculine feel to it.


Stampin up -- Leaf background stamp from 2000, w/ bundled sage and mowed lawn distress inks
Prima -- Crackle stencil, w/ Hickory smoke distress ink and gray chalk
K&co. - Flora and Fauna Die cut cardstock
Purple Daisy Designs -- Dragonfly stamp
EK Success -- dragonfly punch
Spectrum Sparkle pen -- Olive Jade and clear on dragonfly

I am really enjoying those sparkle pens to add a bit of color and sparkle at the same time and the clear pen is nice with them.

On Monday I will be sharing a Dies R us post and it will also be the challenge I had for the ladies in our group to try, so I hope you will stop by then and see what I came up with for a Challenge and maybe you would like to try it too :)

Have a wonderful weekend!

Connie

10 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This turned out so well!

Unknown said...

Oh this is a great Challenge, love the look of your background technique....super cool! Your vines and that fab dragonfly look awesome! Great creation!

Anonymous said...

Connie, at first glance I thought you had used vellum. So pretty! I love the fern and dragonfly!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

This is so pretty, Connie! I love the stenciling and the fern/dragonfly design. The colors are so lovely. Hope you are having a relaxing weekend. Hugs xo Karen

Debbie said...

i really enjoy these challenges, it looks like you do too. it turned out great!!

Leslie Miller said...

Out of the ballpark, Connie! Love this soothing, leafy card. 2000 was before my time with SU, but I would have had that background in a heartbeat. So pretty!

Lowcarb team member said...

That dragonfly looks so good ...

Hope your weekend has been a good one, its certainly flown by.
As I type this it's almost 10.40pm Sunday - so a quick cup of tea and then bed I think!

Look forward to seeing your posts in the coming new week

Take Care

All the best Jan

lostinpaper said...

So serene, I love adding sparkle too!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Great work Connie, you're so clever, I'm not sure but Stampin up had a stamp like that image in a set. Prob loads of others do too. Am sure your brother loved it.
Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Janice said...

Wow, what a fantastic challenge! Love the background, what a fun technique! The fern and dragonfly are gorgeous.