Monday, February 27, 2017

Stitched Blooms

I am sharing the pretty Poppystamps Stitched bloom trio dies.  Instead of shaping them with a foam mat and stylus like I usually do I thought I would share a different way for those of you that may not have those tools.  I took my bone folder, and while holding the middle part of the flower, so I don't rip off the petals I ran the bone folder along the bottom part of the petal to give it that curve, kind of like how you do when you want to curl ribbon. If you don't have one of those either you could use a Popsicle stick or maybe a small paint brush handle. Stickles in Starry night were added to the center of the flowers. For the big flower I used all three die and layered them together for two of them I used only the two smaller dies.

  

Next I cute my cardstock at 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches and taped the Poppystamps - Tulisa Corner collage die to the upper left hand corner and cut it out, I then added a piece of scrap paper I had to the back before applying it to my card base. 


I just love the style of that corner and you can see the stitched flowers here also!

Next I cut the Memory Box -- Fresh Foliage die I added a little ink to the leaves to tone down the green card stock I had.

Next is the pretty Poppystamps Eyelet stitches border die, I love all the stitched borders in this die, unlike the other stitched border dies I have been using these actually cut a scallop on one side.



I finished the card off with the Poppystamps Pinpoint main street tag die, all I had to do is add the little gem and sentiment.

Don't forget about the Design Team Call that Dies R Us is having, find out all the details HERE.

Here are the dies used in this card.




Follow Dies R Us!


 
Click below for:
Remember, there is a new inspiration sample shared each and every day of the month
on our Dies R Us Inspiration Blog using a variety of dies from several different companies.
Then of course you'll want to come join us at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.
There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st & 15th of each month with
a gift voucher prize to one lucky winner each challenge!

OH!  And did you know we have a FB Page and PINTEREST Page?

Thanks for stopping by today!

15 comments:

Connie said...

Connie, the flowers on your card are breathtaking, you certainly have talent for transforming paper into elegant art. Stunning ! ! !

Daniela said...

Truly a masterpiece, my darling, I'm feeling in awe !

Wishing you a most wonderful new week,
sending hugs and ever much love to you

XOXO Dany

Unknown said...

LOVE the dimension you got on those fabulous flowers! This is a beautiful card using many beautiful dies! Fantastic!

Esther Asbury said...

What beautiful flowers! I love your tip on shaping them - I find that there is a DIY technique or recipe for quite a few things! Great tip and money saver!!

Debbie said...

a creative and easy way to bring life to those flowers. love the stitching and colors!!!

Christine said...

Connie this has to be one of my favourites! I love how you made the petals curl and the stitching detail!
Have a fun week!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Connie, this card is gorgeous. Your flowers are stunning and I love the 3D styling they have by curling the petals. Surly a wonderful card to bring birthday greetings.
Have a great new week and happy creating. xo

Linda Walker said...

Hi Connie,
These are some very sweet petals indeed! Love this card and I love the stitched look! Another beauty! Have a great week!
xo
Linda

Anonymous said...

Connie, love what you did with the flower petals. I've a question: Are cards like these difficult to fit in an envelop to mail? Do they squish down too much?

Linda Carson said...

Wow! Love this beauty from the stitch flowers to that fabulous corner die! And the colors are just eye candy! Love it from top to bottom!

Beth Norman said...

What a nice tip to share with us. Your flowers are gorgeous and I'm definitely going to try out your technique. I love the colours you used and the bg die. Just lovely.

Leslie Miller said...

I've been loving those flowers, and you made them even more adorable by giving them leafy stems! Your card looks fantastic with the corner and the border, too. I just love it!

Ashley said...

every. single. time.
i am just blown away by the detail and beauty in your work.
when i was younger, my sister and i (along with some friends) made hundreds of cards to sell at our church in order to raise money for an organization that provided aid in africa.
i know how much time that took and we didn't even make anything CLOSE to the beauty of your designs.
anyway...i appreciate you sharing these! they are just so lovey!

Lowcarb team member said...

This is just a beautiful card.
Love the colours and the stitching - it looks great

All the best Jan

Kim said...

What can I say?? AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL, Connie! So much gorgeous detail in this card. The gorgeous cut out detail in the card and those stitched flowers...sublime!