Friday, February 17, 2017

Z fold card

I have been seeing these Z-Fold cards all over and wanted to give it a try, but I never did give it a try until I was thinking about what I could do for Kim at Sarah Lizzies and it hit me that the strip that holds the card together might be perfect for Hexagons, and since she loves making hexagon quilts I thought it would be perfect for her.

For the life of me I can not find the tutorial I used and must be I didn't write it down but if you do a search for Z fold card tutorial you will find a whole bunch of them, so me easier than others, I tried one that you cut into the base and I didn't like the way that looked so I started over with this type that you cut the long strip  and glue it on instead and I thought that looked a lot better.


Sorry about the pictures, this was a hard card for me to photograph. I used an embossing folder on the front, adding a little chalk to the raise areas in green and cut many hexagons as you can see, the die already has the stitched marks so that was perfect.

The inside:


Now what card doesn't need a flower :)  The space you see blank there is where I wrote my message.

Here it is all open.



I hope you get a chance to stop over to Kim's blog, she makes such Beautiful creations and takes the most Lovely pictures, it is a joy for the eyes to take a stop by.

BasicGrey -- Porcelain paper
Paper studio -- Lattice embossing folder
Diamond Press -- Hexagons
g.c.d -- Melody Ross Designer paper collection (for the flower and leaf)
Spellbinders -- Anemone flower topper die set
Tulip fashion bead paint - pink for flower center

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by, and I hope you are enjoying some nice weather wherever you are.

Connie

18 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Oh I love this pretty Z fold card! I might have to case your hexagon idea!!

Donna Ellis said...

Love what you have done with the z fold card, Connie! I have not made one yet. The soft colors, and pretty shapes look intriguing and beautiful! huggers, de

Beth Norman said...

I've been seeing these all over too but am intimidated by the complexity of it. You did a bang up job and it's decorated to perfection. Love everything--the flower, the hexagons, the front. Rock on!

Daniela said...

I feel so charmed by this new card of yours, darling Connie, thank you for sharing such stunning project !

Wishing you a lovely day

XOXO Dany

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Super cute! I also am intimidated by the fancy folds, but you did a great job.I like the added chalk, it really makes a difference.

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, Connie, this is a beautiful Z-fold card, and I love the inspiration of the quilts. Kim's work is stunning, and you've really been inspired by her work. I love the hexagons and also how you've used the chalk to pop the embossing. Beautifully done, sweet friend, and thanks for your continued prayers. Warm hugs and love! xoxo

Darlene said...

BEAUTIFUL Connie! Believe it or not, this is one design I haven't attempted! LOL ... give a shout if you locate the tutorial you followed! Just beautiful! Great job!!

Leslie Miller said...

You are so thoughtful, Connie, and this turned out absolutely beautiful! So much texture and sweet colors and that awesome z-fold. Fantastic!

baili said...

amazing and very PRETTY.
you are wonderful and imaginative dear!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Such a perfect card for Kim! Like a pretty quilt! Love that unique closure, too. Hope you have a lovely weekend, Connie. Hugs xo Karen

Kim said...

I LOVE my beautiful hexagon card, Connie....so very me! I don't think I could have dreamt up a more beautiful card....it is perfect for me. Each time I visit your lovely place, I am always amazed by the uniqueness of each and every card. Each one different, each one beautiful. Each time, I cannot wait to see what piece of beauty you have fashioned. Thank you for your sweet words, Connie. Xx

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Hi Connie,
This is a,p great card, wonderfully made, very well done indeeedy!! I love all the stitched hexagons they look so great off to peek at Kim's blog.
Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}
{Thank You Candy at Shaz in Oz Blog}

Unknown said...

Aren't they FUN?!?! Love your pretty colors and the dies you chose to work with. This card is spectacular! Looks like you have captured every bit of beauty in your photos. Well done!

Lowcarb team member said...

Wow, what a fabulous card ...

All the best Jan

Anonymous said...

Lovely Z card, Connie. I think I have a die that cuts them that way.

Diane said...

What a really fun shaped card design Connie.

Hugs Diane

Janice said...

This looks like a great card to try out, such a pretty design. I love how you have decorated it.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Connie. Love the Z-fold. I don't make a lot of interesting cards... this is so neat! Love the embossing folder you used on the front.