Monday, February 6, 2017

Stamp with Dies

I love finding new ways to use my dies and I love this idea of changing our dies into stamps, using those foam sheets we find at our craft stores.

I used the Memory Box, Bella Bouquet die today to use for my stamp, and I ended up with 3 cards. On this first card I also used the Poppystamps Colonnade Corner, they don't seem to have this particular die in right now but they did have some other corner dies in the Poppystamps new release section. Memory Box - Country stitches dies where also used on this card and my second card.


First I cut the bouquet from fun foam.

My tip for you is to just run it through your machine one pass.  I tend to cut my dies by running it through and then back again but I noticed that when I do this the foam tends to shift and you don't get a good cut, so just run it through one way and it will cut fine the first try.

As you can hopefully see in this photo I added double stick tape to the back of my foam cut die and adhered that to my misty. You can use what ever you normally use for your stamping of clear stamps.


This next photo shows the ink applied to the foam, here is where I was happy to have my MISTI tool because it took a few stampings to get a good coverage but I also used Memento dye ink, I am thinking if you try a pigment ink it may be a bit juicier and you may be able to get good coverage in one stamp, I did not try any other inks.



Now after stamping I sprayed my foam stamp with water and got a great idea to try and stamp again onto watercolor paper this time to see what kind of watercolor look I could get, and this is what I ended up with.


This is the card I made with the watercolor panel.


Now as you see after stamping the watercolor panel there was still a touch of color onto the foam stamp, and it ended up being almost a soft purple and I thought wow I could make another card out of the foam stamp and that is when I came up with my last card. I also used the Memory Box, Fresh foliage die and the Poppystamps, Lovely gift bow die, whidh I love how it gives you a bow but not all the thickness that a real bow gives.



Here are pictures of the dies I used.


Follow Dies R Us!


 
Click below for:
Remember, there is a new inspiration sample shared each and every day of the month
on our Dies R Us Inspiration Blog using a variety of dies from several different companies.
Then of course you'll want to come join us at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.
There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st & 15th of each month with
a gift voucher prize to one lucky winner each challenge!

OH!  And did you know we have a FB Page and PINTEREST Page?

13 comments:

Janice said...

Love this idea Connie! What a fabulous way to get more use from your dies. All of your cards are so pretty, such a delicate effect. Thank you for the inspiration.

Unknown said...

You are the MacGuyver of stamping and card making, Connie! Fabulous, creative cards. Love this whole idea, thanks so much for sharing! xo~

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Awesome Connie, I love your technique..l have these dies must give them a try. I've started to buy small ink pads in versafine, to use on misti, only have onyx black but might get a few others. They're hard to get St reasonable prices though, because they're pigment they maybe better.
Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Donna Ellis said...

How pretty, Connie, and such a great idea. I've never thought of using a die as a stamp before. Thanks for sharing how to do it! LOVE the idea, and also that you can use the stamp on the card when the stamping is completed! Brilliant! Gorgeous creation, my friend! Hoping you are enjoying a great week. hugs, de

Esther Asbury said...

I was just looking at this technique on Pinterest! What a cool idea! I think my favorite card is the last one that uses the foam as your image -- I love how the colors all go together so nicely on that one! Great cards and fun technique!

Debbie said...

WoW connie, what a great and creative idea. awesome shades of blue in these!!!

Leslie Miller said...

I never would have thought of this! It makes a really pretty stamp! And then you have the inked up foam die cut to use on a card, as well. How cool! Love how you set off the soft purple in your last card with the bright green leaves. Fun post, Connie!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Connie, you are so creative to figure a variety of ways to use your dies.
Love the stamp effect and the shade of blue. Really pretty!! You are not only a card designer but an inventor too.
Have a great week. Blessings xo

Anonymous said...

Connie, what wonderful ideas! I'd not thought to die cut foam as you did. Love what you did with the cards.

Beth Norman said...

Wow, you really stretched out the number of cards you made with one foam die cut. What lovely work. Yay, for the job Misti did. I love all your cards, but especially the last one.

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely to see the different shades of blue on your three cards.

All the best Jan

Diane said...

Awesome design Connie, what a great technique and love how the design turned out.

Hugs Diane

Krystal Kats said...

The foam idea is interesting. I have the bow die and the top flower die. I have been doing some of the
adhesive backed colored velvet. I just love it!
Your card turned out stunning.
Hope all is going well for your husband and yourself and that you are getting plenty of time in to see your grand baby. Hugs