Sunday, February 12, 2017

Quilt card

The next challenge one of the ladies had for us was to make a quilt block card, I had no idea what I wanted to do but I did decide I wanted to make the card for Linda from Sew what blog . She does such beautiful sewing projects, She makes the most lovely angels but try as I might I couldn't think of anything I could do with that theme from what I had on hand so I when the challenge came up with a quilt block I went with that :)


I found the pattern for this card HERE, but for the life of me I can't find the actual link to it just her blog. I don't have any of the dimensions I am sorry but I believe it was cut one inch squares, then cut them on the diagonal and make them into the pattern, then put the block through an embossing folder to get a quilted look to the block.

I decided to make it into an easel card. I went with a border die to have the card rest on and added a couple flowers to it.

Side view:


Papertrey ink -- Hodge Podge papers
Elizabeth Craft Designs -- Flower Mosaic Embossing folder
Forever in time -- button
K&co. paper ribbon -- colored w/markers
Spool o' ribbon
Martha Stewart -- Tag punch
Our Daily Bread designs -- mini tag sentiments
Spellbinders -- A2 scalloped borders two
Punched flowers
Tulip Fashion bead paint -- silver for flower centers

If you get a chance head over to Linda's blog and check out her lovely creations, she also has an Etsy site if you would like to check out what she has to sell :)

Hope your weekend is going well. Thanks so much for stopping by,

Connie

16 comments:

Janice said...

I love your easel card! Beautiful soft colours and the quilt effect is fantastic, such a soft look.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Beautiful quilt and what a nice surprise that it is an easel card! The scallops to hold up the easel go really well with the sewing theme. Very clever.

Unknown said...

Love your colors and all of that gorgeous texture! It does look like a warm cozy quilt, perfect for the Blizzard forecast we have! So pretty!

Donna Ellis said...

Beautiful Quilt Card! Connie, I so enjoy your variety of techniques and styles you share on your cards! Thanks for today's pretty, warm and cozy inspiration! hugs, de

Esther Asbury said...

Quilt cards are some of my favorite! Yours is extra lovely - such soft colors and pretty button center!

Darlene said...

Well you may not have the step by step instructions but you sure did do a FABULOUS job on your own! The colors are so soft and pretty! Yep ... looks warm & cozy! Perfect for this time of year! GREAT job!

Beth Norman said...

This really works well as an easel card. I love your quilting. By embossing it looks like it is really quilted. Colour combination is lovely as well.

Lowcarb team member said...

This is a beautiful card, the colours go so nicely together.
As Sunday passes us by ... I send good wishes for the coming week ahead (it's almost 11.20 pm in the UK)

All the best Jan

Anonymous said...

Connie, your card is so lovely! I love quilt cards!

Debbie said...

So many steps in your beautiful cards! Quits remind me of my lovely aunt, she would have adored this card and pretty colors!!

Christine said...

This is just so beautiful for a quilter! The colors make me think of spring!
I reallly love this Connie, you did a great job!

Have a lovely week!

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! It looks so much exactly like a quilt block! Pretty colors and the perfect embossing folder for the job. Love this, Connie!

Linda Walker said...

Connie,
This is just the loveliest card and I am honored that you sent it to me! Thank you very much for this beautiful work of art. I love quilts!!! The colors used are so springlike (which now seems very far off since we are buried in snow, LOL!!) Also I thank you for the kind remarks regarding my blog. I would love to share it on my blog as well, if that is alright with you! Can't thank you enough! So grateful for your friendship and support! Hope you have a great week!
xo
Linda

Diane said...

Beautiful quilt and easel design Connie.

Hugs Diane

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Wow, Connie this card is gorgeous love the quilt star pattern and the way you've embossed it too. Great easel card .. wonderful!!
Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Birgit said...

What a stunning card! I love the texture and beautiful colors you used. Easel cards are always so fun!