Monday, December 13, 2021

Berries in Pitcher

 Well I think I have enough cards done for this year but have a couple extras just incase I forgot someone. So why not get a head start on next year :)


I am sharing today's card with the Time out challenge blog they have a photo for inspiration, I loved the white vase with berries in it. I also liked the headboard with lights, I first stamped the stars across the top and stamped two berry branches directly on the background. I then embossed the whole background with my embossing folder.  I did not have a pitcher, my hubby came in my craft room right when I was starting to try and draw one, he said do you want me to draw one for you, I said sure.  I cut out the one he drew on scrap paper then took my light box and copied it onto some white cardstock, when cutting the handle I cut a little close in places but thought it looked ok. I took a marker and gave it a little color around the edges, it just blended into my background too much.  I also stamped and fussy cut 3 of the berry branches to give it a touch of dimension, as well as the using foam tape on the pitcher.

Here is the inspiration photo


I am also sharing with Retro Rubber Challenge Merry Christmas, I used the berries and Merry! My stamps are over 2 years old, I purchased them on HSN.



  • Vase drawn by my hubby, I fussy cut and colored with marker
  • Cuttlebug - Swiss Dot embossing folder
  • Diamond press stamps - Christmas collection (stars, berries and partial sentiment)
  • Delicata - Golden glitz ink for the starts


I wanted the Merry on the Pitcher instead of the cup, like in the photo and all my Merry's had Christmas with them so I took a Spectrum Aqua pen and inked my stamp with that and stamped it onto the vase.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

17 comments:

Kim said...

Your husband is a life saver, Connie. =) Such a pretty card. My goodness, you are a card making machine, lovely Connie!

JD/ Jill said...

Pretty Christmas card! I think I have most of the cards that I need for this year too. (was beginning to think that was not going to happen. It was going so slow for me. But like you, I like to make extra in case there is someone I forgot.

Debbie said...

i really love this one connie, the simpleness of "merry"...all that you have done, really stands out. it's a beauty!!

Viv said...

Such a pretty card Connie! ;) Viv xx

April said...

This is so lovely! Great idea. Your hubby is so talented too!

R's Rue said...

What a beautiful card. I love it.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love the berries...they really make it look special! I love berries and trees on cards any time of year!

Darlene said...

Just beautiful Connie! Those berries really POP and the dimension is perfect! Beautifully done!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

How sweet that Hubby drew your pitcher. It looks fabulous with the greenery.

Em Louise Fairley said...

Beautiful. Love your collaborations xoxo

Donna Phelan said...

Beautiful colors! Love that mood board! I also love those stars and those berries. Great collaboration with the Hubby!

Lowcarb team member said...

This is a lovely card :)

All the best Jan

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

I like that idea of starting on next year's cards ;) Great drawing by your husband and fussy cut berry branches looks amazing. Beautiful card!

-Soma

Esther Asbury said...

I love that pretty star garland across the top of your card pretty white card!

Lisa said...

Your hubby did an amazing job drawing that vase. Beautiful floral arrangement you added to it.

creative lady said...

Beautiful card, love your design. Thank you for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

Claire Grantham said...

GORGEOUS, love your berries! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber, hope to see you in 2022. Claire DT