Monday, December 6, 2021

Candle Light

 Back in October when I went to the stamp store over in Missouri, they had this candle die, this was before I bought the lantern die, and it came with two styles of candles, I used just the one here, I like how it has a separate die for candle wax to give it more dimension.  


  • PPD - Burning candle die
  • Tim Holtz - Funky Festive dies
  • Momenta - Lot 6864 die for the branches
  • Paper studio - Have a cozy Christmas paper


I am sharing my candle card with the  Card Concept Challenge The candles and the Pine swag and the wood wall background is what inspired my card in this challenge.


I have one more card to share today, I went looking through my coloring calendar images and found this star, colored using a few different yellows and added some sparkle to it. Embossed background to go with it, very clean and simple.



  • Color for Calm 2017 coloring calendar image- colored w/markers
  • Crafters Companion - Snowy Corner embossing folder
  • Simon Says stamps - Tiny words Christmas


I still haven't addressed my cards yet but hoping to get that started today, how are you all doing?

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

16 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Oh, Connie. Your cards are so beautiful, and the top one certainly has dimension. A very nice new die too.

Well, on December 1st I mailed my 45 oversized cards to US and Canada to a tune of $76. Note to self--flat cards in 2022.

Have a great week!

Darlene said...

Oh Connie both cards are beautiful but I LOVE the first one! Absolutely gorgeous!

Louca por porcelana said...

Beautiful Christmas cards!

Kim said...

Another two lovely cards. The first card with the candle and the dripping wax is my favourite.....so lovely.

Donna Phelan said...

That candle die is amazing, love it paired with your pretty Cozy Designer Paper! That star card is FABULOUS!

Lowcarb team member said...

Beautiful cards.
I posted the last of ours this morning.

All the best Jan

JD/ Jill said...

I like that candle die...you made a very pretty Christmas card with it.
griat coloring on your second card.

I'm hanging in this most of mmy cards are addressed, and half of them have been put in the mail...I'm slowly getting there. But I haven't done any shopping yet. Not that I do that much. My family is much smaller than it used to be... and I mostly give out gift cards!

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely cards and gorgeous colours. Love the papers and embossing folder. xx

Birgit said...

These are beautiful Connie! I have a candle die very similar to that one that I haven't used in years. I think I need to find it and CASE your lovely card. I haven't even begun to fill out my Christmas cards yet. Thanks for inspiring me on all accounts!

Em Louise Fairley said...

They are beautiful. Most of my cards aren't eve written yet xoxo

April said...

Your cards are lovely! I really like the candle die.

Debbie said...

i ordered my cards, but i have not received them yet. i also have a package from the card making group i joined but i have not made any yet!!

connie, i LOVE the candle card, it is really special!! the star too, i like the embossed snowflakes!!

Esther Asbury said...

WOW!!! That candle card is so gorgeous! I love the background paper, the candle glow, and the pretty poinsettia at the bottom! Absolutely perfect!

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Wow another beauty. Love Alison xx

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

I like the clean and simple star card just as much as the intricate candle one. Both of them are incredibly beautiful.

-Soma

Lisa said...

That candle card is incredible. Great paper piecing and dimension and I love the CAS design of the star card. Both wonderful cards.