Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Embossing

 Both my Stamp group and the Let's Squash it challenge blog has using embossing folders doing any technique you want.

I went with embossing this snowman and then sanding it to showcase the embossed area.  Can you believe I have used another 6x6 paper pack again, I do have a few small pieces left but they went into my scraps pile, to be used up with die cuts.


I added some stickles to the ornament and hearts on the snowman.



  • Sizzix - Christmas set 655841 Embossing folder
  • My Mind's eye - Lost and Found Christmas paper
  • Platinum - Stickles
  • Starform - Silver Merry Christmas sticker colored w/marker
My second card I swiped the background with white ink after embossing and cut the embossed image out with an oval die and sanded that too.



  • Sizzix - Christmas Set 655841 Embossing folders
  • White ink on the kraft cardstock and sanding of the image
  • Ranger - Enamel Accents inside snowflakes
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

13 comments:

Debbie said...

these are really beautiful connie. i especially love the snowman, yet you know i am a sucker for snowflakes!! have you finished making your christmas cards???

Daniela said...

I have no words to express the esteem I have for you, Dearie, your art is truly far precious!
Wishing you a most lovely remainder of your week
Daniela at ~ My little old world ~ (Dany)

Lowcarb team member said...

He looks such a cheerful snowman ...

All the best Jan

Kim said...

Embossed cards always look that little bit lovelier. Fabulous snowman. I rather love the serene feeling of the second card; 'tis so pretty.

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning cards and gorgeous embossing folders and colouring.

R's Rue said...

So beautiful

Birgit said...

Both of your cards are really sweet Connie! That embossed snowman is adorable!

Em Louise Fairley said...

They are beautiful xoxo

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

That is such a happy snowman and the second is so beautiful and cosy!

-Soma

Esther Asbury said...

Both cards are lovely! I like how you did the snowman card up in green for something different, and the sanding/ink swiping really makes them "pop!"

Lisa said...

Both of these emboss folders are wonderful and I love the colors and layout on the top card. Nicely done on both cards.

JD/ Jill said...

Both cards are so nicely done. You are inspiring me to get out my embossing folders.
I think I forgot to tell you that I received your beautiful card in the mail thank you so much. It's really cute.

ionabunny said...

Ooh, these are pretty. Love that oval embossed snowman scene and the big jolly snowman too. Gorgeous cards and folders. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It! Happy New Year. Hugz