Saturday, December 18, 2021

Cozy Knit

 I am using another of my backgrounds I made for this card, but this time I used some color burst I believe, I am trying to remember when I make them to write on the back what I use, but of course forgot this time.  I thought it would make a nice background for my embossing folder.


I also used a stamp and die set combo for my sentiment. I cut the merry out twice to give a little dimension and layered them.

  • Fun Stampers Journey - Cozy Knit embossing folder
  • Background made with color burst
  • Hero Arts - Merry Stamp and die set

I am playing along once again with the Let's Squash it Challenge which is anyway you want to use an embossing folder.



My second card I used my Metallic markers on black card stock that I embossed with the ornaments.


I used four colors, a gold, blue, silver and red.  I wish you could see the sparkle it leaves.

  • Darice - Hanging Ornaments embossing folder
  • Spectrum noir - Metallic markers
  • Starform stickers - Merry Christmas silver
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by, hope you have a great weekend!

Connie

11 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

Lovely cards! I like your embossed backgrounds!

Darlene said...

Both cards are just beautiful Connie! LOVE that cozy knit embossing folder! Beautiful!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Such lovely cards. Your colorburst background looks very impressive. Embossing after makes it stand out.

The colour combination on your second card is quite unique and looks lovely. I was quite surprised to read this is an embossing folder. Great work!

Donna Phelan said...

Pretty cards! Love that cozy knot texture, the colors are fab too!

Debbie said...

both are beautiful...i LOVE the ornaments, the snowflake ornaments are awesome!!

Em Louise Fairley said...

They are both so pretty xoxo

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant cards and colours Merry Christmas to YOU and your family. xx

Louca por porcelana said...

Great Christmas cards. Hugs.

Esther Asbury said...

Ooo....such pretty holiday cards! I especially love the embossed background on the first one!!

Lisa said...

I love the color burst on that top card. The emboss folder is gorgeous too, looks like a nice warm sweater. I recently started adding additional die cutting to my sentiments too and love the additional layers to add dimension.

Those metallic markers are beautiful on the black card stock. I might need to look for some as they are really popping against the black. I can only imagine how sparkly they are IRL.

ionabunny said...

OOOh, love that mixed knit embossing and the baubles on the black. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It! Happy New Year. Hugz