Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Zoom Technique

 Well in our zoom meeting we had two techniques a background technique and a fun fold, well during the zoom, my background turned out terrible, could hardly see the pattern and I had a hard time getting the fold right, so I just dumped the card. A week or so later I tried the background technique again and this time it worked!  

You ink up your background with water reactive ink, I used distress inks. Then you take the side of your embossing folder that is raised  and you sprits it with water lightly, and close the embossing folder over your image and hold down for a bit of time to allow the water to make the image.  

I colored up this cute skunk and added my sentiment to  the cloud punch, punched some grass and flowers to finish off the scene.  Hubby said a skunk for a birthday and I said but it is a cute skunk, see the rosy cheek, he just laughed.  Hope my great niece likes it.



  • Paper Studio - Silkscreen embossing folder
  • Distress inks - Spun sugar, kitsch flamingo, Victorian velvet and Dusty Concord
  • Your next stamp - Woodland Cuties, colored w/markers
  • Fiskars - Cloud and Grass punch
  • Flower punch cut from foil that had been colored w/marker

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

14 comments:

R's Rue said...

So cute.

Debbie said...

oooooh this is so cute, i love the colors!! learning 2 techniques is good, i am surprised there are 2 you did not know!!!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

This is just so cute. Love the results of your background.

Darlene said...

What a fun technique and your card is so stinkin' cute! Thanks for explaining the technique!

Chrissy said...

FABulous background Connie and your little skunk is adorable, gorgeous card, I must try this technique..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Leslie Miller said...

I love the skunk! I have a friend who always wanted cards with yellow and skunks. This is adorable and your background turned out fantastic! I need to try this. I have a long list of things to try. One day I'll have to just sit down with my list and do them!

Kim said...

A very cute skunk, indeed, walking beneath those happy clouds. The technique for the background does sound tricky, but it turned out fabulously. The cutest of birthday cards, Connie.

Donna Phelan said...

What a cute little stinker lol Love that background, the pattern and colors look beautiful! Super sweet!

Lowcarb team member said...

That really is a cute looking skunk :)

All the best Jan

aussie aNNie said...

Wow this is a gorgeous design, love the card and colour choices. ♥

JD/ Jill said...

Cute card! With a great background!

Em Louise Fairley said...

It is so cute xoxo

Lisa said...

Gorgeous background! I will have to try the technique. I love that cute skunk too. What a happy little card.

Louca por porcelana said...

Awwww...Awesome!