Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Topiary

 When I saw the Retro Rubber Challenge of anything goes, I decided to break out this set that I bought at a used sale at my stamp store, it is a set of topiary stamps from Close to my heart but there is no name or date on them but since I bought them probably over 3 years ago I know they are old.


After picking out the stamp I started going through papers to get an idea what colors I wanted to go with and I came across this set that was in my advent calendar from Crafters companion, isn't that gorgeous, so purple coloring it is :)  I put a little sparkle pen on the flowers, punched out the butterflies and added some gems, cut it out with this oval die and added a tag with stamped sentiment and colored the brad with a marker to match!

  • Close to my heart - Stamp set name unknown, colored w/markers
  • Crafters Companion - Advent calendar paper
  • Spellbinders - Floral Ovals die
  • Martha Stewart - Butterfly and tag punches
  • Stamps of life - minis4circles sentiment stamp
  • gems
  • Brad colored w/marker

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today and say Hi,

Connie

15 comments:

Heather said...

What a lovely image, Connie! Love the coloring you achieved, too, purple is my fave, lol. Pretty layers as well! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

Leslie Miller said...

It's beautiful, Connie! I love coloring to match the paper, so it's nice to think ahead like that. The frame is perfect for the feminine stamp, and I love the shading around the inner edges.

JD/ Jill said...

This is so pretty! I like the colors That you used!

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card, love that gorgeous colour and pretty design...

Birgit said...

This is beautiful, Connie! What a pretty lace frame. The coloring on the topiary is perfect and I like the addition of the little butterflies. So sweet!

Debbie said...

GORGEOUS!!! and you picked the perfect color!! the butterflies were the perfect addition, they will be arriving soon!!

April said...

This is a beautiful card! The colors afe so pretty. I also love the sweet little dog card below.

Esther Asbury said...

Wow!! This is so gorgeous. I love the topiary, the purple paper, and that elegant frame! Absolutely perfect!!

Chrissy said...

I love your topiary stamp and colouring Connie, and I love your oval die cut frame and beautiful papers,such a pretty card..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Donna Phelan said...

That is such a beautiful topiary image and your coloring is fabulous! I also love your pretty background! Happy Spring!

Darlene said...

Beautiful coloring and design! Great purchase ... you've certainly brought it to life!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

So so pretty with the purple edging. Your colouring is very very nice with the added darkness on the ribbon, and shading of the pot.

Lisa said...

Amazing coloring on this wonderful image and you paired it beautifully with that paper. I love the die cut you used too. It is an oldy but goodie die cut.

Em Louise Fairley said...

So pretty. Love the bloggy makeover too xoxo

Louca por porcelana said...

How pretty in purple! Love.