Monday, March 21, 2022

Spring

 This is appropriate on our first full day of spring.  When I saw this challenge I decided to play along as my niece had just lost her dog, and what better way to think of our pets but enjoying themselves outside!

Her dog is multi colored, so I stamped him on a scrap of background I had done with inks. Just before mailing I realized I hadn't colored in his collar, I remembered to do that but forgot to take a picture, so imagine him with a red collar :)  I used some butterflies and bees off another stamp set, but had to draw in my own flowers, I sponged the grass and sky too.


  • Newton's Nook design - Fetching Friendship and Newton's Day dream for the butterflies and bees
  • Distress ink- Black soot for dog
  • Distress inks - mowed lawn and tumbled glass for scene
  • Basic Grey - Picadilly paper 
  • Doodled Flowers


I am sharing todays card with the Inky Paws Challenge which is spring.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

15 comments:

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

What a sweet and caring card, Connie. It's so hard to lose our fur-babies. Hugs xo K

Donna Phelan said...

This is so sweet, I am sure she will appreciate your thoughtfulness! That puppy is super cute! Love how you did your frame, looks awesome--great technique....and your hand drawn flowers--perfect!

Louca por porcelana said...

So cute. Hugs and blessings.

R's Rue said...

Absolutely so cute

Lowcarb team member said...

Such a sweet card.

Happy Spring Wishes.

All the best Jan

aussie aNNie said...

Great card and fabulous result, love the colours

Leslie Miller said...

I'm so sorry about your niece's loss. As darling as your card is, it does choke me up.

JD/ Jill said...

Cute card. I am also sorry to hear of your niece;s loss. Sending prayers her way.

Em Louise Fairley said...

So sweet xoxo

Debbie said...

you are so thoughtful connie, sending a card for every occasion!! when i first looked at the card, i thought, that card would look adorable in a white frame. i hope you niece frames it, it will be the perfect reminder of her dog and your extreme kindness!!

Esther Asbury said...

Aww....what a sweet card! I love the way you did the dog's coloring. I'm sure your niece was blessed by your thoughtfulness.

Chrissy said...

Fabulous cute scene and love the little patchy dog,bee's,butterflies and flowers..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lisa said...

Oh I am sorry to hear your niece lost her dog. What a great dog stamp you used for your wonderful spring card and this card will bring a heartfelt message to your niece.

Claire Lamb said...

I'm sure your niece will love this sweet card. Sending hugs for her loss. Thanks for joining the Inky Paws Challenge

Indy's Designs said...

What a sweet puppy! Your niece will love your lovely card. So glad you shared with us at Inky Paws!
Hugs,
Debbie