Friday, March 18, 2022

Twofer

 Well the idea for this card started out as being one card, I picked out the flower pattern paper but wanted something else with it, so I decided to try and find a piece of cardstock that I could cut with my border die that would go with the colors in the pattern paper, I found this cardstock and silly me sat it right on top of the pattern paper, so when I put the die on the cardstock and ran it through my Gemini machine, it came out with both the card stock and the patterned paper cut at the same time, my first thought was OH no I messed up that paper and then when I pulled them apart I realized I could mix them and glue them both on a card base and have two cards, since I had two birthdays for friends coming up that is just what I did.


The little banner and the flower came from the same set as the paper. They are chipboard pieces.

  • Quick Cards - Kaisercraft, sweet pea papers and chipboard
  • PPD Stitched Mini Scalloped borders die
  • Spellbinders - Circle delight die
  • Gems
  • Fiskars - Essential sayings sentiment stamp

Here is the second card I made.


  • Quick Cards - Kaisercraft, sweet pea papers and chipboard
  • PPD - Stitched mini scalloped border die
  • Fiskars sentiment
  • Sequins



  • Sometimes when we think we make mistakes it can turn out to be a good thing :)

    Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    Connie

    16 comments:

    April said...

    Your cards are so pretty and what a wonderful "mistake." Isn't it fun to realize that it isn't a mistake after all.

    JD/ Jill said...

    Your cards are lovely. I know what you mean with mistakes in card making. I have made so many. Like with your card which I just explained on my most recent post...

    Lisa said...

    Oh my goodness what a time saver and to get 2 cards. That is a great happy accident and a fantastic way to get 2 cards. I love the paper and colors and the addition of the flower and banner are perfect. Nicely done on both cards.

    Donna Phelan said...

    These are both so pretty! I love that floral patterned paper and the angle die cut, very striking! I try making 2 cards at once a lot of the time. It's FUN!

    Debbie said...

    it did turn out to be a good thing...both cards are beautiful!! that floral paper is gorgeous and the card stock matches perfectly!!

    Darlene said...

    Well there ya go! Both are beautiful ... what an awesome HAPPY ACCIDENT! lol Have a great day ahead my friend!

    Esther Asbury said...

    That was an awesome way to redeem your "mistake!" Two pretty cards are always better than one!

    Kim said...

    Both cards are so pretty, Connie. I love how mistakes always transform into something even more beautiful with what was originally intended.

    Janice said...

    Such pretty floral cards, a lovely colour combination too.

    Beth Norman-Roberts said...

    Both cards are very pretty. What a nice happy accident.

    Lowcarb team member said...

    Well, your mistake turned out perfectly :)

    All the best Jan

    Birgit said...

    Two fabulous cards, Connie! So glad it worked out that you could still use both pieces. The floral, patterned paper is so pretty!

    Em Louise Fairley said...

    They are both beautiful xoxo

    Chrissy said...

    Oh, I do love a happy mistake, very pretty cards and love the colours and patterned paper..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    Louca por porcelana said...

    Adorable cards!

    Leslie Miller said...

    Either way it's very pretty, Connie! Impossible to pick a favorite. I love those happy mistakes!