Sunday, March 27, 2022

Sentiment

 When I saw the challenge over at Sisterhood of Crafters which is Sentiments only, I thought of this die I have that I am not sure if I have used yet. I cut it out twice to give it more dimension. I also just had a zoom meeting with my stamp group where we made backgrounds using our gelli plates using Oxide inks and this one I also used a stencil on top. The flowers also come with the sentiment die, I put it on a vellum die cut so that you can still see the background through it.


  • Sizzix - Phrase, Happy Birthday to you die
  • Spellbinders - Labels 11 die
  • Background made on gelli plate by adding oxides to the base, placing a stencil on top and sponging the oxide ink through the stencil, removing and making the print.
  • Hero Arts - Filigree Patterns 2 stencil
  • Me & my big ideas - gems


Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by,

Connie

13 comments:

Kim said...

This is a fun card, Connie. The effect of the background paper is fabulous.

Donna Phelan said...

FAB card! I love the size of that HB die cut, it really is spectacular! Beautiful background, love the gel press technique and your added stencil design!

Darlene said...

WOW! Gorgeous background and it's perfect with your beautiful sentiment die! Nicely done my friend! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Em Louise Fairley said...

So pretty xoxo

Debbie said...

ooooh, it's so pretty connie. i like the font and the little jewels!!

the "sisterhood of crafters"...i like that!!

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Connie, love the background and soft blue, fabulous large sentiment and very cute button flowers..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Lovely results Connie. I'm cutting up my backgrounds for a Oxide themed ATC 3 for 3 swap.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This worked out so well with your background. I LOVE those tiny little flowers. It is a perfect card!

Louca por porcelana said...

Gorgeous card.

JD/ Jill said...

Your card is lovely! I think I have that die too! (and No, I have not used it yet! I think you may have inspired me...smile!

Esther Asbury said...

What a lovely card! The vellum was the perfect accent to make the sentiment pop off the background!

Lisa said...

Terrific stenciled / gelli background and great birthday sentiment die. I love stacking die cut sentiments to add a bit of dimension.

Diane said...

Awesome card and background! Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
Diane TSH DT {Nellies Nest}
{The Sisterhood}