Friday, March 25, 2022

Dreams come true

 A few of the girls in my cardmaking group was sharing different ways they are using up their scraps so it made me go to one of my 6x6 paper pads and I had all these thing strips in there, I decided to put them together for the base of my card.  I added a strip of another pad at the top and used scraps to cut out and layer the pretty die cut so that it had good dimension!


  • BasicGrey - Picadilly paper scraps, inked before adding to card base
  • Quick cards - Floral Garland die
  • Tim Holtz - Crochet die and clippings sticker for sentiment on kraft cardstock

Thank so much for taking the time to stop by today, and hope you have a great weekend!

Connie

14 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

A great way to use your scraps...very pretty!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

My words I spoke out loud were "oh wow" when I first saw this card. So so beautiful Connie. I like the distressed edging and the papers. Stunning.

Birgit said...

This is lovely Connie! What a pretty pack of paper. The distressed edges give this a warm, vintage look. So lovely!

Lisa said...

Wowza I love, love, love how you used the scraps on this card. I love the lace die cut too. Oh I really love this card. It is so inspiring and now I need to go look through more of my scraps. Thank you for this wonderful inspiration.

Donna Phelan said...

Oh I love this! All of the pretty mixed and matched colors and prints! It's very Springy! Beautiful!

Darlene said...

Great idea and design my friend! When I first looked at your card, it looked like the strips were 'rolled' (looked like rolls of paper) but then a closer look and I could see they were flat. Did you ink the edges of the paper strips? Maybe that's why they looked rolled to me. Hummm ... anyways, FABULOUS creation thanks for inspiration!

Debbie said...

gorgeous and such a great way to use up scraps!!

Esther Asbury said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love all those different paper strips together like that --- perfect (and beautiful) way to use your scraps!

April said...

Your card is colorful and pretty! I love all the strips and the card layout.

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous project and beautiful design, ♥
[I think you are in my facebook group, you should show this there]

Em Louise Fairley said...

Great use of those offcuts xoxo

Chrissy said...

I love the effect with all your left over strips Connie, gorgeous card..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Louca por porcelana said...

Beautiful card. I hope happy dreams come true!

Leslie Miller said...

Love how you've used all the papers, and the lacy border is super pretty!