Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Chairful Day

 Oh I can't tell you how many years I have had this stamp, I found it at a flea market many years ago and thought that the sentiment with it was a cute play on words but never have used it.  I started out with this paper and then went with coloring the chair close to the same colors.  That cute bow die is one I got when I won a challenge over at Impression Obsession.


  • Stampin up - 2004, colored w/markers
  • Spellbinders - Lacey Square die
  • PPD - Mini Stitched Square die
  • Impression Obsession - Tied line die
  • Lilybeedesigns - Head over heels paper
I would like to share this card with Sisterhood of Crafters Old Rejected stamp, mine is from 2004



I have another card to share, it was a little hard getting pictures because the butterflies on the background paper are foiled.  I took these floral stickers, placed them on pattern paper and cut around them, these stickers are from a yard sale I went too, are you getting the theme that I was challenging myself to use goodies I had bought at these flea markets and yard sales.


  • Hot off the press - Dazzles - Floral stickers, placed on pattern paper and cut out
  • S.E.I.- Bright Blossoms paper
  • Stamps of Life - Minis4circles sentiment stamp
  • Martha Stewart - Tag punch
  • Gem

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

15 comments:

Graça Gamito said...

Hello Connie! I liked your card twice. First because I really like butterflies and second because everything connected with geometry, by training, is always what attracts me the most. The radial symmetry looks great on the card. Hugs

April said...

These are pretty cards! The chair card is so cute and pretty paper to with it. I love all the shine on the second one.

Esther Asbury said...

Two lovely cards! I love the paper on the chair card and the fun sentiment, and the second card is so elegant with all it's swirls and foiling!

Diana Taylor said...

I love your little chair stamp - and what a cute card, it looks so elegant with that background. The foiled card is beautiful, really eye-catching - you've done far better than I would at getting the photograph to show the shine.
Have a lovely week
Diana xx

Debbie said...

both cards are wonderful!! the chair is so clever, love the colors and the uniqueness of it!!

both cards are like little works of art!!

handmade by amalia said...

Adorable! Wishing us all a chairful day, dear Connie.
Amalia
xo

Birgit said...

Both cards are lovely, Connie! I must say, the chair card is super cute, and the sentiment gave me a chuckle. Love the shine on the second card. So glad to see you're using up some things from the past. I really need to do that more often. Have a great day, my friend!

Darlene said...

Both cards are fabulous Connie but LOVE the 1st one. The background paper is PERFECT with this old vintage styled chair! What a great pairing! And, how cute is that ribbon die!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Em Louise Fairley said...

They are so pretty, Connie xoxo

JD/ Jill said...

You've made two nicely done cards!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

You're a clear winner in keeping old stamps and products which is a good thing. This is such a cute card.

Leslie Miller said...

Connie, your chair stamp is darling and it looks so perfect on the damask background. Good eye there! You've also done a great job using your stickers and displaying them on such pretty foiled paper. I know how hard it is to photograph, but I can sure see those butterflies in the last photo. Self challenges are fun!

Lowcarb team member said...

Two lovely cards.
I especially like the chair one :)

All the best Jan

Lisa said...

Both have great backgrounds. I love that you challenged yourself to use items from yard sales and flea markets. That chair does have a great sentiment.

Louca por porcelana said...

Beautiful cards. Xoxo.